Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey bikezilla,almost forgot, not pictured there were these really cool grips Larry had. The last ones too! Seems he though he saved them for someone but couldn't remember too, so he let em go.

What a catch!

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
liadarman said:
there were these really cool grips Larry had. The last ones too! Seems he though he saved them for someone but couldn't remember too, so he let em go.
What?? Do you have any idea how long I've been looking for red and black lock-ons? The big brown truck is due tomorrow with a bevy of goodies, if my grips ain't on it...someone's gonna be under it... Probably Squeak just cause I owe him:D

I think I'll be pulling a couple of late nights myself in the not too near future.

Tnx for the great teaser shot!

·
Bodhisattva
10,848 Posts
Y'know Zilla.
I saw those at the shop last week.
Larry said, "guess who those are for?" and I nailed it right off the bat.

I left them alone and "let" him ship them to you.
I figure we're even ;)

But I like being in the doghouse, so here ya go.

Attachments

·
Rolling
11,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Bikezilla said:
What?? Do you have any idea how long I've been looking for red and black lock-ons? The big brown truck is due tomorrow with a bevy of goodies, if my grips ain't on it...someone's gonna be under it... Probably Squeak just cause I owe him:D

I think I'll be pulling a couple of late nights myself in the not too near future.

Tnx for the great teaser shot!
Actually, I inadvertently saved them for you, trying to snatch them. They were on the "open showroom" hook and caught my eye knowing how well those go with that red frame. Larry swooped me and said, "Oh those are meant for bikezilla"--he put 'em aside for you. If they don't arrive this next delivery, It's not cuz of me.

·
Bad Case of the Mondays
4,009 Posts
The Squeaky Wheel said:
Rich,

Do you still have the discipline to resist the goodies you saw Sunday?
Go ahead. Scratch that itch. ;)
Dang, I missed the goodies show? Oh well, I guess I'll HAVE to drive up and ride DB again.

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
lidarman said:
...Actually, I inadvertently saved them for you, trying to snatch them...
And I bet they'd look spanky on your Burner. Once again Larry comes through. I'm sure he's glad I've stopped wasting his time with inquiries about grips...like he's nothing better to do. I've been looking for something like this since I got the bike in '03... I just saw the new product ad in "BIKE" and knew my search had ended. (for grips? BFD eh?)

Squeak, if you receive an unmarked box with a NY postmark... please don't open it at MHC.:D

·
Lay off the Levers
10,127 Posts
Holy spit! You're supposed to grease those cups first??? Uh-oh!

I got the grips today. They look as good as the picture. Feel great. I highly recommend a set for your burner. BTW you'll love the tire clearence...a 2.25 Sturdy will fit, no problem.

·
Trail rider and racer
4,691 Posts
No time to build?? What?? Sleeping is optional remember. There is always time to build a bike.

Don't go cheap on Grease either. Its always nice to see it squeeze out of gaps (Ie between the headtube and King Headset...)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.