Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
We get titles?
938 Posts
very few options

kgardnez said:
I'd like to bump the max to $250, but I'm looking for something decent and somewhat light(no rhino lights or xt hubs...)
Here are a couple of options, although the shipping will put you well over the $250 for the Crosslands. The Ringle Disc Jockey set sounds like a killer deal - makes me wonder whats wrong with them.

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/12...le-Disc-Jockey-Wheelset-w_-FREE-IRC-Tires.htm

http://www.pricepoint.com/detail/12...lset--w_-FREE-IRC-Mythos-2-Tubeless-Tires.htm

The sub-$250 options for a disc wheelset NOT built with XT are few and far between.

·
Premium Member
7,610 Posts
The Ringles are heavy- 2200 grams. Best deal's I have found are:

1) Shimano Deore Disc hubs/ Sun DS-2 wheels- 1900 grams from Jenson (out of stock at the moment), $89.

2) Spin light cycling- LX Disc hubs/Velocity Rims 2022 grams $148.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I do wonder how the wheelset with the Deore hubs can be ~1900 grams while the similar XT wheelset is ~2400 grams...

The disc jockeys are list at ~1900 grams, I wonder what other deals will pop up...

·
Premium Member
7,610 Posts
kgardnez said:
I do wonder how the wheelset with the Deore hubs can be ~1900 grams while the similar XT wheelset is ~2400 grams...

The disc jockeys are list at ~1900 grams, I wonder what other deals will pop up...
You have to look at the rims. The DS-2 rims are light for sun, 400 grams. Compare this to the single-track rims as 520+ grams. Also, the Jenson wheelset is advertised at 1990 grams, correct according to my calculations (but this does not include the squewer weight). Finally, somebody should tell Sun the Disc Jockeys are only 1900 grams, since their website lists them as being 944 front & 1175 rear for a total of 2119 according to my Calc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I bought a set of xt/singletracks on ebay for $100, even better the guy was local so I didn't have to pay shipping.

·
..probably out riding..
182 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.