Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
A little south of sanity
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I need some help. I have disc Brakes and I am having a problem with the rotor rubbing *Grinding* onto the caliper on the very top. I thought it was the rotor was untrue but it is literaly grinding into the metal of the caliper. how can i fix this?

·
Meh.
17,508 Posts
If it's hitting the top of the caliper, and the caliper is a post mount type caliper (possibly with an IS adapter), then you can just use some very thin spacers between the caliper and adapter to space it up a bit.

·
A little south of sanity
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mounted directly to the fork, theres 2 mounting brackets right on the fork for the bolts to go into holding the calipers. the brakes are Promax and thats about all I know, I am not sure of a model or anythingt, they came on my bike. the bike is a Mongoose Blackcomb if that helps any. I wish I knew more about the stuff. There is no adapter, the brakes are just bolted onto the fork using the 2 mounting holes that are on the fork its an RST fork.

·
A little south of sanity
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think I got it! I took the caliper assembly off the bike and put it back on, then I tried something else, i tightened my quick release one more turn it was really hard to lock, but after I did that the disc was not rubbing on the caliper anymore! now I just have to true the rotor some to get it from rubbing on the outter pad and I'm good to go!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.