Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
self destructive
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a rear hub that is a bolt on with a disc mount that you can run fixxed. It needs to be strong enough for trials riding. So far i have located a Surly New rear, Paul Word and an Eno. Is there anything i am missing or overlooked?

thanks

·
self destructive
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah a front freewheel will be used, a fixed cog just needs to be threaded on the rear hub. Also this is not for me but i guy i work with just trying to get him some ideas.

·
Fo' Bidniz in da haus
17,282 Posts
boris the blade said:
I am looking for a rear hub that is a bolt on with a disc mount that you can run fixxed. It needs to be strong enough for trials riding. So far i have located a Surly New rear, Paul Word and an Eno. Is there anything i am missing or overlooked?

thanks
Phil Wood.

The Phil Kiss-Off disc hub is offered freewheel & fixed gear.

Email or call Brent at Phil Wood....he is the best.

http://www.philwood.com/Price%20List/MTBSingleSpeedHubs.pdf

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
boris the blade said:
Yeah a front freewheel will be used, a fixed cog just needs to be threaded on the rear hub. Also this is not for me but i guy i work with just trying to get him some ideas.
You could use any you listed with a BB lockring (and Loctite) to keep the cog from backing off. Not ideal but it should work fine for trials.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.