Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way to route the brake cable on manitou forks? apart from cable ties are there specific gadgets that will help the routing and prevent the cable from running into the wheel? pics would be a great help. Thanks!

·
Derailleurless
9,122 Posts
Flite said:
what is the best way to route the brake cable on manitou forks? apart from cable ties are there specific gadgets that will help the routing and prevent the cable from running into the wheel? pics would be a great help. Thanks!
On reverse arch forks, I like going down in front of the arch, along the inside of the stanchion and lowers, but I do use zip ties. I've seen stick-on loops that guide the housing without binding it, but I haven't used them and don't know how well they stay put. You can make a similar loop out of two or three zip ties looped together, leaving the one that wraps around the housing open slighlty.

The important thing is to only secure the brake line to the lower, but not to the crown. If it's bound to both, it'll flex under suspension compression and activate the brake.

I've got a picture on an Avid install on a Black floating around MTBR somewhere, but I can't locate it.

·
Super Moderator
48,237 Posts
Flite said:
This should work for any fork.
The white loop on the slider is an electrical cable guide zip tied to the fork. The housing is not tightly attached to anything. The guide keeps the housing from flopping around and the routing is a straight shot from lever to brake for minimum friction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts