Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Looks like a good forum here I think I'm going to become a regular visitor.

I am looking for some guide or tutorial on disc brakes, up until January I had an ancient rubbish old bike and I could do everything to it. In Jan I went and bought a specialized rockhopper disc 06. I have no idea where to start with adjusting or maintaining the brakes.

I had no problems until Sunday when I took a trip to a families house and had to store it in the shed, off came the front wheel and in it went. After that I have noticed the brakes are on a bit all the time. How do I fix this?

Cheers

·
A little south of sanity
116 Posts
I have disc brakes on my bike as well, from the sounds of it you may have bent the disc a little ( I speak from experience there) the easiest thing to do is find out where it is rubbing, with the front wheel on the bike, spin the tire and see if it is just rubbing at one point on the disc or its all the way around. that will gove you a good way to determine what to do next. if it is just rubbing at 1 point you can either have your LBS ( local Bike Shop) true the rotor for you, or if your a do it yourselfer like me, get a cresent wrench and true it yourself by putting the wench on the rotor and tweaking it untill it does not rub. if it is rubbing all the way around, you can try adjusting the brakes yourself or take it to the shop, I persosnly would take it to the shop and have them show you how to adjust the brakes, because it is pretty important that they work...LOL anyway, I hope I helped you some! good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.