Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi!! I removed my front wheel the other day and being the idiot I am sometimes, I accidentally squeezed the brake lever!! When I went to reinstall the front wheel, the brakes were dragging when I spun the wheel. What is the proper procedure for me to "reset" the brakes into the proper position? Thanks a lot!

edit: I have Hayes HFX-9(?) hydros!

-Jack

· Registered
294 Posts
jaK_ said:
Hi!! I removed my front wheel the other day and being the idiot I am sometimes, I accidentally squeezed the brake lever!! When I went to reinstall the front wheel, the brakes were dragging when I spun the wheel. What is the proper procedure for me to "reset" the brakes into the proper position? Thanks a lot!

edit: I have Hayes HFX-9(?) hydros!

-Jack
Get a screwdriver, slot it in between the pads, and press both pistons back to their normal position. squeeze the lever and they should recenter themselves. In the future, you can jam a piece of plastic or cardboard even in there to prevent that sort of mishap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.