Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is an adjustment screw on the right (I think) which will enable you to increase the distance between your rotor and your pad. I am a complete newbie myself but that's how I fixed the same issue on my bike

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I know about the adjustment knobs, but as you can see from the picture the rotor is scraping against the metal of the caliper, not the pad. It is like I need a spacer on the axel or something... Or the rotor is bent... Any more suggestions?

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
max5480 said:
Yeah, I know about the adjustment knobs, but as you can see from the picture the rotor is scraping against the metal of the caliper, not the pad. It is like I need a spacer on the axel or something... Or the rotor is bent... Any more suggestions?
Follow the installation instructions.

May need a longer cable, too.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is some more knowledge I picked up, might as well consolidate it:

1)Loosen the two bolts holding the caliper to the frame
2)Crank in the big red knobs on the sides of the caliper until the pads are sqeezing the rotor, holding the caliper in place.
3)moving from one bolt to the next, tighten each of the two bolts holding the caliper to the frame a little at a time until fully tight.
4)Back off the inside red knob *just* enough that the pad clears the rotor.
5)Back off the outside knob just enough to clear the rotor, and play with cable tension to adjust feel.

·
Token Hillbilly
712 Posts
max5480 said:
Here is some more knowledge I picked up, might as well consolidate it:

1)Loosen the two bolts holding the caliper to the frame
2)Crank in the big red knobs on the sides of the caliper until the pads are sqeezing the rotor, holding the caliper in place.
3)moving from one bolt to the next, tighten each of the two bolts holding the caliper to the frame a little at a time until fully tight.
4)Back off the inside red knob *just* enough that the pad clears the rotor.
5)Back off the outside knob just enough to clear the rotor, and play with cable tension to adjust feel.
Nice! It just happens that I am throwing a set on the SS tonight. This should prove much better than the methods I've used in the past (to be read, eyeballing it). :D

Thanks!:thumbsup:

***Edit***

I got them put on using this. Worked great!

Much appreciated!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.