Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older Avid BB7 caliper that I'd like to put to use on a new CX build I'm doing. While it hasn't been used excessively, it has become a bit sticky, and the knobs are hard to turn (or even harder than normal).

Can anyone point me to some information on servicing these older calipers? There's a lot of information out there for the newer style, including a service manual on the SRAM site, but not much for the older ones.

The best information I've found so far is a YouTube video where the author walks you through servicing one of the new style calipers, but as he does so, he mentions areas where the new procedure is different from the old. This gives me a rough idea of what to expect, but more information is always welcome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's perfect, thanks! You definitely can't get very far in the disassembly without that tool though, which in my case means I'd be buying a single use tool for one obsolete caliper that I probably won't overhaul more than a few times. Fortunately it's cheap enough to not be too bad ($11 vs $50 or so for a new, bare caliper without the rotor)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts