Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to snag a Nukeproof Cubscout 24 Race from Chain Reaction Cycles a couple of weeks ago. It just got delivered, I got it out the box to assemble it only to find that one of the end caps on the front wheel is missing. On closer inspection there's an end cap sized hole in the box that lines up perfectly with the hub so it must have punched through and fallen off in transit!

I just emailed CRC so here's hoping they can ship a replacement ASAP...

·
Registered
735 Posts
I was a kid, 7 years old, 1986. Open a Nintendo on Christmas morning, box was empty. Talk about heartbreak. They were worried about theft so they took all the consoles out of the boxes and the person ringing them up didn't know to grab it. That pain has never left me, lol.

I hope they get it shipped out right away!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A set of end caps for Nukeproof Neuron V2 wheel is only $12, but they don't have any in stock so hopefully they can pull one off a wheel and ship it.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dig through the box, you never know. There's usually a big plastic disk attached. What a bummer.
I already did that, to no avail unfortunately. I know the disks you mean but they weren’t on this wheel so maybe they forgot to put them on when they boxed it up?

·
I get knocked down...
64 Posts
At least it's a part that you should be able to buy at most bike shops same day should you want to be balancing quicker.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
try a dt swiss end cap.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I was a kid, 7 years old, 1986. Open a Nintendo on Christmas morning, box was empty. Talk about heartbreak. They were worried about theft so they took all the consoles out of the boxes and the person ringing them up didn't know to grab it. That pain has never left me, lol.

I hope they get it shipped out right away!
Similar. When I was rather young the folks got us a SNES so I pulled it from the box and set it on the floor ready to go but it was late and we had to go to bed. That night we got robbed and they took it. I always told myself that they would never be able to use it as the AV cables were still in the box which was untouched in the cupboard.

I've never had my own SNES.
;-;

·
Registered
10,134 Posts
15mm axle, so one of these guys?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
That’s the one, or something very similar, it’s Nukeproof Neutron hub.
Scanning through the various options from DT Swiss, Stans etc… I don’t see any that are visibly similar to the Nukeproof items. The only other bike we’ve got with hub that have removable end caps is the Cub Scout 26 that uses the same hub.

Hopefully CRC will get the replacement shipped ASAP and we’ll having a working bike within a week or two.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts