Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious of how many riders in their areas get the pleasure of seeing dirty-roadies (xc'ers) go on downhill specific trails full of booters, berms, and other stunts with their seat posts still raised over a mile high.

I was on of these style trails yesterday and in between my run breaks was just laughing at all the dudes in their spandex full on charging down the run without lowering the seatposts. Then at the end boasting on hitting the doubles and such. How is this possible without getting some serious seat post enyma? :eek:

·
Slopestyle Rider
2,448 Posts
I love to watch a group of XC guys come up to a tiiiiny drop and stop and then you hear this... "Dude! you do it!!!! No man, you do it!!! No dude, you hit ! Ok man... I'm going for it!" Then when the first guy does it (usually very sketchily) they all high five each other and shout out "YEAH!" and then the other three guys in the group give it a go and one of them ALWAYS falls.

·
Glad to Be Alive
43,010 Posts
Xc'ers can't ride the trails we make....and if they do and start skidding all over the place then we kick them out

·
Registered
708 Posts
Once we were a group of like 10 Freeriders building a couple of jumps, when suddenly a XC'er appeared out of no where and did this huge double (we had just build), he had his seatpost all the way up...

we later talked to the guy, he is too a freerider and used to race BMX, so the guy's preety smooth rider.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
I was riding at Wisp resort in Maryland last weekend. My buddy and I were stopped to decide which trail to take at a split, and this XCer (wearing spandex) on a hardtail with 6 feet of seatpost sticking out comes zipping past us with no pads and only a skid lid. I knew there was a knarly drop at the end of the run he took, and there is not a cheater line. At that speed he had to hit it and I wish I could have seen it. I am sure he took that post where he did not want it to. All we could do is cringe in advance for him....

·
moaaar shimz
9,125 Posts
Yesterday I almost crashed because an XC was walking down the downhill trail and it was quite slippery.... I continued without a problem and the XC was falling and slipping every 10 meters :D

I almost break my wrist and neck once because a XCer broke his collar bone after attemping to jump a ramp and he was just there lying down and I had to brake hard after landing it to avoid hitting him (and also hitting his dog)... I forgive him because he had a broken collar bone :p

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
joelalamo45 said:
I love to watch a group of XC guys come up to a tiiiiny drop and stop and then you hear this... "Dude! you do it!!!! No man, you do it!!! No dude, you hit ! Ok man... I'm going for it!" Then when the first guy does it (usually very sketchily) they all high five each other and shout out "YEAH!" and then the other three guys in the group give it a go and one of them ALWAYS falls.
lawl

·
Banned
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sodak06 said:
I was riding at Wisp resort in Maryland last weekend. My buddy and I were stopped to decide which trail to take at a split, and this XCer (wearing spandex) on a hardtail with 6 feet of seatpost sticking out comes zipping past us with no pads and only a skid lid. I knew there was a knarly drop at the end of the run he took, and there is not a cheater line. At that speed he had to hit it and I wish I could have seen it. I am sure he took that post where he did not want it to. All we could do is cringe in advance for him....
Dude that is funny stuff!!!!!!!

·
Brackish
1,855 Posts
Yeah, I really hate it when other riders are out having fun on the trail! People trying new stuff and getting outside their comfort zone really pisses me off!

You guys ripping on other riders out having a good time makes you sound ignorant and bitter, you all need to go watch NSX 1-3 and Kranked 1 & 2 and get some perspective on where our end of this sport comes from.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
carbuncle said:
Yeah, I really hate it when other riders are out having fun on the trail! People trying new stuff and getting outside their comfort zone really pisses me off!

You guys ripping on other riders out having a good time makes you sound ignorant and bitter, you all need to go watch NSX 1-3 and Kranked 1 & 2 and get some perspective on where our end of this sport comes from.
Hey man,
I never said anything bad about the guy with the massive amount of seatpost sticking out with no pads and only a skid lid ripping a knarly DH run on a HT. Not at all. If that is how he likes it, them more power to him. I am all for anyone enjoying the trails no matter what discipline. Although, I KNOW I have slipped off the pedal on a landing and took my seat (which is slammed) to the taint. All I am saying is, with that much seatpost sticking out and it happened to me, I would be shittin my Azonic seat for days. If you can avoid an enemia then why the hell not?? There is no pedaling where he was at. So what is the purpose of that much seat post? Just an obsevation.

So take your "ignorant" and "bitter" comment, put it on your six feet of seat post and shove it up your azz. That is all.

·
I like air!
915 Posts
I started as an XC/AM rider and I still get out and ride my XC bike during the week and DH all weekend. I come to sketchy downhill sections all the time on on my XC bike and never lower my seat post. I just deal with it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
780 Posts
A couple of the fellows I went to BC with last year are old school XC riders. They've since gotten into FR-ish riding, both ride Reign Xs. We rode Seymour, Fromme and spent several days at Whistler. They rode everything with XC helmets and with the seats at full XC height and tore the **** out of it, including all the double blacks and stuff like the big GLC drop. I asked them about the seat thing and they basically said that they'd been riding like that for 20 years and lowering the seat felt really foreign and weird to them, even on gnarly stuff like Goat's Gully. It shows that the key element in all of this is the rider. If you're comfortable riding DH stuff with your seat at XC height, more power to you.

·
StraightOuttaCompton
3,145 Posts
for those of you who have been to N* and are familiar with Gypsy,
an xcer on a giant anthem i saw last wednesday was riding down gypsy with his seat all the way up his ass ans was sitting down the whole trail, with 3.5 inches of travel. That was a funny sight to see.

·
Don't skid
1,160 Posts
sodak06 said:
. All I am saying is, with that much seatpost sticking out and it happened to me, I would be shittin my Azonic seat for days. If you can avoid an enemia then why the hell not?? There is no pedaling where he was at. So what is the purpose of that much seat post? Just an obsevation.

So take your "ignorant" and "bitter" comment, put it on your six feet of seat post and shove it up your azz. That is all.
Dude you're an idiot. Plus you should really lay off the butt sex if your A-hole is so big that you can fit your seat up there.

·
check your six
4,181 Posts
KONA_in_SB said:
Dude you're an idiot. Plus you should really lay off the butt sex if your A-hole is so big that you can fit your seat up there.
Whew... Well here we go... Idiot??? huh? I was solely defending myself with the comment that Carbuncle made.. Where the hell did you come from? He stated that the OP and others responding to what the OP asked are "ignorant" and "bitter",... now... where in my first response did I sound like that?

It seems there is a group of guys here that:

A.) Are all "buddies" and want to pile it on because their friend made and "ignorant" comment and can't stand someone defending themselves to him... or....
B.) Are a bunch of punks that want to start sh*t (PinkBike material)

Which one are you? :rolleyes:

If I called you ignorant, you would not respond?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.