Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are a few pics of my new ML2. I received the frame in late December from Biker Bob (Thanks Bob!) and had it built up in very early January. This was my first opportunity to get some pictures posted. Here's the build

2007 medium ML2 frame in anodized black (with carbon seats stays and rocker)
RP23 rear shock
2004 Fox TALAS fork (Push'd)
Chris King Headset
Specialized S-Works carbon handlebar (soon to be replaced with a Monkey Lite)
Salsa Pro-Scandium stem (90mm)
Ouri lock-on grips
SRAM X.9 trigger shifters
SRAM X.0 rear derailleur
Shimano XTR front derailleur
Shimano XTR crankset
Crank Bros. Candy SL pedals
Avid Juicy 7 brakes
Shimano XTR chain
Mavic Crossmax SL wheelset
Shimano XT cassette
Kenda Nevegal 2.1's (regular, but running tubeless with Stans)
Thomson Elite seatpost
Specialized Rival SL saddle

According to my LBS scale, the bike weighs in at 26 pounds (although I have a hard time believing that).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,683 Posts
Sharp looking steed, nice build too. Oh to get my bike dirty, I have forgotten what mud looks like.................Enjoy..

·
Registered
631 Posts
sbermhb said:
Kenda Nevegal 2.1's (regular, but running tubeless with Stans)
Nice ride! So how do you like the "tubeless" Nevs? I have been considering doing just the same thing. Still up in the air. Geax are also on my shortlist. But I've really enjoyed the Nevs so I'm not sure I want to change tread patterns. Want to replace my rear 2.35 Nevegal with at 2.1 and go tubeless with Stans or DT Swiss conversion kit.

cheers,
simp

·
Student
820 Posts
simplton said:
Nice ride! So how do you like the "tubeless" Nevs? I have been considering doing just the same thing. Still up in the air. Geax are also on my shortlist. But I've really enjoyed the Nevs so I'm not sure I want to change tread patterns. Want to replace my 2.35 Nevegal with at 2.1 and go tubeless with Stans or DT Swiss conversion kit.

cheers,
simp
Whats the huge advantage of tubeless tires besides saving the weight of the tube? Just wondering for my own info.

·
Registered
631 Posts
[CrazyRick_11] said:
Whats the huge advantage of tubeless tires besides saving the weight of the tube? Just wondering for my own info.
I defer to the real experts around here, but from what I've read the advantages are weight as you've pointed out and the ability to run up to 15% lower pressure with no fear of pinch flatting. Lower pressure = greater traction. If there are other advantages I'm either not smart enough to know or I'm forgetting something.

cheers,
simp

·
Student
820 Posts
simplton said:
I defer to the real experts around here, but from what I've read the advantages are weight as you've pointed out and the ability to run up to 15% lower pressure with no fear of pinch flatting. Lower pressure = greater traction. If there are other advantages I'm either not smart enough to know or I'm forgetting something.

cheers,
simp
Ok, that makes sense.

·
Registered
999 Posts
Real nice build - how do you like your Push'd TALAS? I have a push'd TALAS on my ML2. I did not like mine at first, but now after several rides, it is getting "broken-in".

·
Super Moderator
20,809 Posts
Whafe said:
Sharp looking steed, nice build too. Oh to get my bike dirty, I have forgotten what mud looks like.................Enjoy..
That ain't no mud.... now this is mud :lol:

I had a wet ride today.. it snowed on Friday and rained yesterday...melting the snow..but making nice muddy surface with frozen dirt underneath... I know It was frozen because I took a spill and it was hard as a rock (my back still hurts...

Sorry it is not a Titus.. not even an FS...but the conditions dictated the SS was the best choice ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.