Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
C-Hog
458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dirty Kanza Registration Form

Hello, David.
The registration form will be available on the website closer to the Feb 1st opening date.

Sure am looking forward to seeing you again this year. In the meantime, watch out for those teenage drivers!!!

Jim C.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Just my 2 cents

I just wanted to put in a quick message about this race for those of you that are considering it.

Last year myself, Cory Heintz, and Matt Maxwell drove 5 plus hours to the race headquarters in Emporia. Literally from the second I met the race directors I knew this race was going to be incredible. The race directors were as giddy as school girls at the registration table and you could just feel their passion for the event!

At the start everything was extremely organized and we left right when they said we would! The course markings would have required a huge amount of time and they did a tremendous job. It was tough sometimes staying alert to watch for turns, but that is part of the race!

There were several things that made this race amazing:

1. Several volunteers were out on the course either taking pictures or just making sure everyone was ok.

2. The distance between towns was right on. Long enough to scare you a bit, but not so far to be dangerous or anything. During the longest stretch between downs, miles 85 to around 150 or so, there were several people that were driving the course. I always felt like I could get a ride if I absolutely had to for some odd reason.

3.As I road the last 30 miles or so I had some medics or emts ride with me. I was the second to last person to come in and I felt pretty safe with those guys around.

4. The finish was great. I felt like I actually completed something when I got done and many of the finishers really gave me a feeling of accomplishment even though they kicked my butt. The prizes were great too.

Now, maybe this year's version will require even more commitment, I don't know, but I had an amazing time. The scenic course, the great riders, the race staff.... everything was top notch!

Thanks! I hope to be there in 2007!

Paul Jacobson

·
Registered
345 Posts
I did this race last year and had a great time. I plan to make a return trip, altough I don't look forward to the 14 hour drive (each way)...

It was a great race, well organized and well supported. If you are thinking about it, give it a go.

Joe

C-Hog said:
Hello, all...

Information on the Dirty Kanza 200 is up on the Heartland website. More information will be forthcoming. Registration opens Feb 1st. Hope to see you all in Emporia, KS on May 19th.

Jim C.

Go to...

http://www.heartlandrace.com/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.