Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a used Dirtworks Pirhana and would like to replace the bottom bracket. It currently has an Azonic 454 bb and crankset. I've seen several posts that the 454 bb bearings go bad if overtightened. I loosened the crank bolts, but found that it had to be ridiculously loose for the cranks to move freely.

Long story short, I would like to replace the 454 with a sealed bb. If anyone has done this, or can offer suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Because I bought the bike used, I do not have the bike specs, so I've been struggling to find a replacement part that will work.

Also, along the same lines; does anyone know what rear shock will fit on the Pirhana? I have an RCR on it currently, but that needs to be rebuilt (or replaced).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info, gelbwurstbrot and dogonfr. For an older bike, it's in really good shape. At this point, if I get a new rear shock and figure out the bottom bracket I'll be happy. The bottom bracket poses the biggest problem right now.

:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.