Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought myself a devinci district street/dirt jump bike. It comes with kenda k-rad tires. They are awesome in the city and on hardpacked dirt, but where I live I have some dirt roads I'd like to ride and plan to build some jumps in the woods, and as soon as the terrain turns a bit loose, you can say goodbye to any grip. I'm now looking to buy new tires that will have some grip in the loose stuff, without compromising too much on the street riding. What are your suggestions ?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The problem with the schwalbe is that they are hard to find in north america. Schwalbe only have the folding version in stock, and it costs a lot.

Would the maxxis holy roller perform better than the k-rad on somewhat loose dirt ? The thread seems pretty similar from the pictures, does anyone have used this tire ?

Also, would the kenda small block 8 be suitable for this application ? I know it's a xc tire, but is it possible to dirt jump with it ? Can it corner good on asphalt ?

Thanks for any input ;-)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.