Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to dirt jumping, and while I love it, I'm having a problem that I can't seem to figure out. About half the time, after I leave the lip, the bike either drifts to the left, or tries to table top to the left. My approach feels straight. Has anyone experienced something like this? Any ideas??

·
mtbr remember
4,356 Posts
some people naturally whip or table to one side (like some people can only hip one way)... it isn't always to do with one arm torquing more than the other, also has to do with which foot forward, and movement...
I personally like to almost always table or whip it (to the right in my case, right foot forward, and I x-up, b-spin to the right as well). when you table it on purpose, it keeps you stable, and the flow looks better imo too...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
B100 said:
practice the bunnyhop front wheel drill and also bunnyhops until you can do it straight every time... then you'll be ready to pull evenly on the lip
Funny you mention that, but it just occured to me the other day that when I bunnyhop, I sometimes drift to the left. And the only time I really drift to the left when jumping is when I'm really pulling up hard trying to get more air.

I think it all just comes down to the fact that I suck, and need a lot more practice!

Thanks for the advice everyone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.