Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dirt jumping cranks

826 Views 16 Replies 10 Participants Last post by  KONA_in_SB
I'm looking for a set of cranks for my dirt jumper. Something cheaper than Diabolus. I was looking at the Azonic 454's, they're $170 for the set plus whatever a chainring costs. Anyone have any experience with these? Or any other suggestions for a strong DJ crankset.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
my friend is selling a pair for $75, it seems.
he specifies new in box crank arms,
but the bbs (he's offering both bmx and mtb) may be used.
regardless, it's a killer price.
and they're great cranks.
check out
http://www.brooklynbikeriders.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1201
if that link doesn't work, just go to the forum and check the wheels n deals board.
I have a set of 454's and am happy with them. Not quite as nice as my Profiles, but still good stuff.

They take a while to set up though, and most sets I've seen have a slight wobble or warp in the chainring once they are set up. Nothing major, but you can see a tiny hiccup in mine and the chain rubs the guide in one spot when running the larger cogs. My buddies are the same way. But I wouldn't avoid these cranks because of it.

Hey mosplat, you the same mosplat from S&B?
Azonic has a great warranty and they are an hour away from SB
FISHLEG said:
Hey mosplat, you the same mosplat from S&B?
umm i don't know.. maybe?
what's S&B?
i'm mosplat everywhere i go.
mosplat said:
umm i don't know.. maybe?
what's S&B?
i'm mosplat everywhere i go.
SB= Santa Barbara. Dang californians and there code talk.
KONA_in_SB said:
I'm looking for a set of cranks for my dirt jumper. Something cheaper than Diabolus. I was looking at the Azonic 454's, they're $170 for the set plus whatever a chainring costs. Anyone have any experience with these? Or any other suggestions for a strong DJ crankset.
Diety's are nice. kinda spendy, but nice. www.dietycomponents.com
or like FSA nasty boy or X drive good cranks as well. BB's leave a bit to be desired. The Diety BB are biznitchen, very smooth and good feeling. plus theire chainwheels are pretty nice as well. The E-13 Sprokets are sweet as well. I put one on my FS and love it. Plus it just looks mean. I'm not a super big fan of the pinch bolt cromo cranks, but I do own 2 sets so cant complain too much. I guess my main complaint is with the BB. For the most part, they suck. but on the other hand, its really nice when you dont have to use a crank tool to pull em off. Just loosen the pinch bolts and the crank bolt, then pull. One thing that I learned the hard way with my 454's, is that they use a 20mm spindle instead of 19mm as seen on the splined profile style cranks. finding a quality aftermarket BB for the 454 is Impossible. Personally I would go with the diety cranks, heard nothing but goot things about em. you can get em in white and they are a rider owned company and Eric (the owner i think) is a real down to earth guy thats all about supporting riders and the scene.
See less See more
oh ok then.
yeah i'm not the mosplat from S&B then, i'm an east coast rider..
now i've got to ask:
who is this mosplat from S&B and how's he got my name?
The Kadvang said:
haha. S & B is definitly not Santa Barbra, he just woulda said SB
I guess thats what i get for getting up at 5 am and not paying attention.
Go to DANS COPETITION and order a pair of EURO 175mm Chrome PROFILES for $174.99 and get the spider for twenty more dollars, or run a BMX ring and don't use a giude. They rule all others only want to be like them.
how about regular hussefelts? they seem burly enough... and they got the job done for me before i switched the race face cranks...
mosplat said:
oh ok then.
yeah i'm not the mosplat from S&B then, i'm an east coast rider..
now i've got to ask:
who is this mosplat from S&B and how's he got my name?
I was refering to skullandbonesskateboards.com.

Yes, no, maybe so?
FISHLEG said:
I was refering to skullandbonesskateboards.com.

Yes, no, maybe so?
hmmm no i don't think so..
i only ever dabbled in skateboarding and i don't think i've ever been to that site.
oh wella.
Yeah, Dans Comp is the best. HERE, because im a nice fella ill give you the "Top Secret" link that other guy missed. Its www.DansComp.com !
JBsoxB said:
how about regular hussefelts? they seem burly enough... and they got the job done for me before i switched the race face cranks...
I think that's what he has already.
Ya I already have the regular hussefelt cranks and they are creaking pretty bad. I've taken them off and cleaned and lubed the bb but after a week or so it starts again. Plus the steel insert that the pedal screws into comes out of the cranks when you try to remove the pedal. Anyways I think the 3 pc chromoly cranks look pretty pimp and would like to give them a shot. My biggest concern is the bb wearing out so maybe i'll stay away from the Azonics. I'll check out the Diety's.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.