Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Captains Log
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So ive been dirt jumping my Covert with a 140mm fork(not the greatest bike for dirt jumps I know). Im gonna upgrade to 160mm fork. Will the bigger fork make it better or worse for jumps?

·
Captains Log
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

These are about the biggest dirt jumps I care to hit with a Covert.
this is Goose Gossage in the Springs.(not a pic of me)
This bike can take more than i can dish out.

·
Designated Bleeder
320 Posts
No a jump bike

The 160mm is going to be worse for dirt jumps. The fork is going to such up the jump and your bike will feel more sluggish. A good option is to get a RS Pike, a stiff or xtra stiff spring and dial the travel down to 100 or 120mm.

The Covert is definitely not the best dirt jump bike. Transition has two bikes that would be great if you rode dirt jumps most of the time. The Bottle Rocket and the Double. I have ridden a Bottle Rocket and that thing just flies over jumps. But it doesn't ride as well as the Covert on trails. I've never ridden the Double but it looks even more jump specific.

I would guess that the Covert could handle occasional jump sessions but if you ride jumps more than you trail ride, get a BR or a Double.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.