Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
drinks from the fountain
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After checking out some of the skateparks and pump tracks around I am really wanting a new bike. I am turning 40 next month so thought it might be a nice youthful gift!
I don't wanna break the bank so i was looking at Eastern completes. Anyone have any feedback on quality?
I've been looking at used but, sellers seem to be about 15. ( I used to abuse the crap out of my bikes at that age)
Frame ideas?
Got somethin cheap?
Thanks

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
Well, you can join us in our ever aging attempts to enjoy the DJ's. I ride with several guys that are closing in on the 40's.

I just got into DJ's about a year ago. You should be able to find something for less than 500 complete. It amazes me how expensive these things are.

That said, I bought an 07 P2 for 600. Complete with gears. I prefer the gears for the variable use. Pmrider and I were rolling around DownTown Denver and I think he was wishing for some gears. We use our bikes for not only DJ, but also street, skatepark and urban settings. Some versatility is nice to have. If you have gears, you could also hit up DS and 4X.

There are lots of P2's and P3's out there. But look around craiglist and pinkbike, you should be able to score something for less than 500 to get started. I just sold my P2 for 425. I now have a Yeti (go lookup a forum called "Yeti is a helluva bike")... its in there.

give us a shout when you want to go ride. There's a bunch of us that hit up Woodward nightly.

·
I heart the drops
1,105 Posts
Yeah plenty of bikes locally bieng sold on craigslist I would buy locally because you can abuse these bikes alot. look for cracks and creaks and I would recomend a chromoly frame they feel a little more lively than stiff aluminum but that is personal preferance.

·
Registered
182 Posts
IndecentExposure said:
give us a shout when you want to go ride. There's a bunch of us that hit up Woodward nightly.
IE,

Since you go to Woodward a lot can you give me an idea of which night and time is the least crowded? I would like to take my son but don't want it to be very crowded since he is six.

Thanks,

Ink

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, I have a virtually brand new Black Market Riot for sale on the Denver Craigslist right now for 900. I know it is a little bit more than 500 but I might be able to work with you a little on that. It can run gears also with the addition of a bolt on hanger. BTW, I am turning 40 next month. I guess there are others out there like me/us.

·
carpe mañana
7,308 Posts
Here's a great bike for ya:
http://www.pinkbike.com/buysell/561566/

You can DJ on it, 4X on it and have fun at WP on it.

And once you get over DJing, you can transfer the parts over and have a super nice AM bike on a different frame!

:thumbsup:

_MK

·
drinks from the fountain
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
joinacult said:
They have 2009 p1's on sale at the peloton Ft. Collins for $650. (MSRP is over $1000.)
Yeah I talked to Steve over at Loveland Peloton that's what I'm leaning towards.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Don't forget the STP from Giant. It's Jeff Lenosky's signature bike. Dirt jump and urban riding, and a bit of trials if you want.

Here's a Lenosky vid, he's also just about the nicest guy you'll meet--very approachable

The STP 1 is on sale right now for $650--
http://www2.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/mountain/2276/32136/?collections_id=4

we also have some sweet Kona Stuff's if you want something that's built for more 30 footers :)

I can't wait for Valmont bike park! where is my pump track

·
drinks from the fountain
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Kaj said:
Don't forget the STP from Giant. It's Jeff Lenosky's signature bike. Dirt jump and urban riding, and a bit of trials if you want.

Here's a Lenosky vid, he's also just about the nicest guy you'll meet--very approachable

The STP 1 is on sale right now for $650--
http://www2.giant-bicycles.com/en-US/bikes/mountain/2276/32136/?collections_id=4

we also have some sweet Kona Stuff's if you want something that's built for more 30 footers :)

I can't wait for Valmont bike park! where is my pump track
Thanks KAJ. Yes Lenosky is a cool guy. Met him a coupla years ago in the Black Hills when he was designing the Rapid City Dirt Jumps.

Thanks on the STP recommendation .Great build! But I am a steel or ti kinda guy. Too many cracked or Broken Al bikes. Although my 93 Ventana is going strong. probably because I dont ride it.:D

·
Thread Terrorist
5,854 Posts
Coloradoxj13 said:
There is a P3 on craigslist Boulder now for $500, doesn't say anything about size/condition in the ad right now though....I kinda want a DJ bike now too...
Go check with Specialized's website, find the same bike there and do a little research. Some P bikes had a short and long frame size, some only came in the longish version.

the 2007 P2 I sold had only one size.

·
Registered
810 Posts
My neighbor kid has a Eastern Thunderbird that he picked up at Veloswap (I helped him find it) that is in good shape and he wants to sell it, sticking with his BMX bike.
PM me, I'm in Loveland.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.