Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Are there any dirt jump parks or such set up anywhere in IA. I just moved back here from Sandy and I gots the itch.:thumbsup: Thanks for the info!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Banner Lakes

We're building advanced terrain at a new state park between Des Moines and Indianola. If there is sufficient interest and a group willing to maintain the jumps, we'd put a six pack (or more) in along with the 8 miles of stunt-filled, advanced trail.

Dig it?

It's been a long time coming, but we'll begin construction later this year.

Follow the link in my signature for the plan, etc. and stay tuned. You're welcome to call me to discuss, too; PM for details.

·
Always Learning
9,608 Posts
fully said:
We're building advanced terrain at a new state park between Des Moines and Indianola. If there is sufficient interest and a group willing to maintain the jumps, we'd put a six pack (or more) in along with the 8 miles of stunt-filled, advanced trail.

Dig it?

It's been a long time coming, but we'll begin construction later this year.

Follow the link in my signature for the plan, etc. and stay tuned. You're welcome to call me to discuss, too; PM for details.
I'm interested and very willing to help - which I've mentioned before. Seems I haven't gotten around to signing up as a CITA member yet....

Regardless, I've never read or heard any explanation for the April 1st work day that got Phase 1 stopped before it was started:

"Phase I of Banner has been put on hold due too a miscommunication of certain folks."

What was the miscommunication and is the DNR still on board for the project as originally intended?

BB

·
Registered
173 Posts
DNR is a bureaucracy...

I remain confident in the DNR's inability to communicate internally and externally. ;)

However, we can only take them at their word and continue to encourage them to act swiftly. They're good people with good intentions, but they're just not (in my experience) effective.

Regardless, the Banner construction will begin very soon. And if I could connect with a dedicated group of DJers, we could probably get that construction underway in a matter of weeks :thumbsup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Distance Issues

Eeek.. You guys are a ways away from me. I'm in the Dubuque area. That's about 4 hrs away. I would definately make the drive on some weekends to help out but during the week that would be a no go. Let me know though... Definately willing to help out!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.