Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy All!
Dirt Demo kicked ass! Lots of bikes got ridden. Thanks to all who attended. For those who could not make it, the next one is September 18th. 10:00-4:00 at Mahlon once again. Next Demo Day will include Factory reps from Cannondale and Trek with their demo fleets as well. some road bikes will be available as well. Should be quite a spectacle. Mark your calendars!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Cyclecraft rocks

This event was awesome, other bike shops need to learn from this. If you are in the market for a new bike, I highly suggest you go. You get more than enough time to ride around in all conditions to determine what you want out of a bike. The guys at cyclecraft were awesome. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. Everyone was extremely courteous and helpful. See you guys at the next one.

George

·
Registered
200 Posts
Dirt Demo

excellent!

Ease of use - filled out a waiver - didn't read it just signed and handed over my drivers license

On to the bikes - an LARGE assortment of bikes were available in a bike rack and leaning against the Cyclecraft truck.
I selected a Santa Cruz Blur - I had read about it on the internet and wanted to try it.
A =mechanic immedialtely installed the appropriate pedals and adhusted the shock for my weight.
Then he adjusted the seat and told me to check if it was okay - it was.
Hubby picked out a cannondale scalpel and had it adjusted for him also - no lines no waiting..
The staff was very helpful and enthusiastric. Then it was time to hit the trail.
The trail chosen was challenging (at least for me with 3 months of mountain biking under my wing and hubby 1 month), a good test for the bikes.
Shifting was different than my hard-tail and took some getting used to.
Then I rode a jeckyl 800 - I liked it alot.
Then I rode an Ellsworth ID and 1 mile into it screwed up the chain on a hill - it got stuck trying to make the switch to granny gear - I walked back with the bike and they loosened the casette and fixed it up - but the chain was ruined - sorry guys - they were good about it.

So i jumped back on the little jeckyl 800 in SOBE colors.
And I LIKED it. It swam across rocks, climbed like a fiend and was FUN to ride

Well for me, after the real world demo - test driving a bike in a parking lot just will not do - real trail - real conditions- hot bikes - great opport

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Glad it was a success.

Wish I could have made it but at least I made the first one and hope to be there in September.

But, you have to have priorities and I decide a 5 hour epic at Jim Thorpe with two women was more to my liking.

:)

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Contact Brendan at Cyle Craft in Parsippany....

Not much you really need to know. Just show up at Mahlon Dickerson Reservation in Jefferson on the date indicated by Brendan for the next Dirt Demo, bring a credit card and your own pedals and be ready to ride.

If you need directions to Mahlon Dickerson, you can get these from the Morris County Park Commission web site (no, I don't know the exact web address - sorry).

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
Rev Bubba said:
Wish I could have made it but at least I made the first one and hope to be there in September.

But, you have to have priorities and I decide a 5 hour epic at Jim Thorpe with two women was more to my liking.

:)

hey rev, how was JT? what trails did you ride?

(I was there 2 weeks ago and we tried a new trail, and it sucked ass, and to top it off, one of my buddies fell on a decent, and scalped the skin off his knee... patella, totally exposed, anyway he had to get evac'd out of the woods.) :( it took the paramedics 1.5 hours to get to us... thank God it was only a knee, I shudder to think what would have happened if he hit his head.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Coal Cracker

We took the Switch-Back to the overlook than doubled back to the area near the start of Wagon Road where you cut up to the top of the ridge and eventually get to Coal Cracker.

It was pretty leisurly since the two women (my wife and a co-worker of mine) I was riding with were not up to a really technical ride. The approach was the usual rocky stuff though. Many miles of mine roads that day.

We just kept heading north and totally missed the power lines and Lion's Den. Finally came out on Rt. 902 and made a left towards Summit Hill. Actually we ended up in another town (Langston I think) and had to do a long road climb to get back to Summit Hill. From there it was a quick ride to the park. We left our car at the corner of Flagstaff Road and Rt. 209.

We covered about 27 miles and were out for 5 hours but no serious injuries. One cut knee and that was just tripping on some rocks while walking by the woman I worked with. She was pretty proud of her scar at work on Monday and told everyone in the office she got it playing with me in the woods......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.