Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow! That was a lot of interesting commentary on the canceling of the demo on the 24th!
Anyway, I made the call to cancel because of the amount of rain on friday and the weather channel predicting worsening conditions for Saturday afternoon. It's not the first time they have been wrong, and I'm sure it won't be the last! Keep in mind that we are allowed this opportunity at the pleasure of the Morris County Parks Commission, who, by the way, thanked us for cancelling. One rider got carted away Saturday morning with a broken collar bone. I know some of you hardcore guys will ride in anything but I am not willing to risk injuries for the sake of test rides. Also, the amount of maintenance on this huge pile of bikes we bring is laborious under the best of circumstances. Add 10,000 pounds of mud and I risk a rebellion in my service department!

As far as the cost is concerned--We don't make tons of money on high end bike sales. For the amount of money invested in bringing these products to our customers the return is stupidly low. We are offering this service to seperate us from the mailorder monkeys who sell on low margin and offer almost zero service! The funny thing is that I will sell you a bike for the same price as wrench science! I know some of you guys get it and some of you don't. I am still amazed that people will bring me a part they bought mail order and ask me to exhcange it from my stock because the mail order guys sent the wrong item. I am also asked to handle warranties on bikes that were purchased mail order and then I get attitude because I want to charge labor for the time spent on the haggling and parts switch over! Bottom line--smart shoppers will buy from us because our pricing is competitive and I guarantee that I will take better care of you then some punk on the phone in Utah or California. Plus, will Speedgoat or Dreamrides send you an Ellsworth Id to try out before you buy it? I didn't think so.

The new demo date is Saturday August 7th, 10 to 4. There will be another on Saturday, September 17th as well! Hope to see you there!!
Brendan

·
Registered
755 Posts
Demo Day (aka: Do me day)

Brendan said:
Wow! That was a lot of interesting commentary on the canceling of the demo on the 24th!
Anyway, I made the call to cancel because of the amount of rain on friday and the weather channel predicting worsening conditions for Saturday afternoon. It's not the first time they have been wrong, and I'm sure it won't be the last! Keep in mind that we are allowed this opportunity at the pleasure of the Morris County Parks Commission, who, by the way, thanked us for cancelling. One rider got carted away Saturday morning with a broken collar bone. I know some of you hardcore guys will ride in anything but I am not willing to risk injuries for the sake of test rides. Also, the amount of maintenance on this huge pile of bikes we bring is laborious under the best of circumstances. Add 10,000 pounds of mud and I risk a rebellion in my service department!

As far as the cost is concerned--We don't make tons of money on high end bike sales. For the amount of money invested in bringing these products to our customers the return is stupidly low. We are offering this service to seperate us from the mailorder monkeys who sell on low margin and offer almost zero service! The funny thing is that I will sell you a bike for the same price as wrench science! I know some of you guys get it and some of you don't. I am still amazed that people will bring me a part they bought mail order and ask me to exhcange it from my stock because the mail order guys sent the wrong item. I am also asked to handle warranties on bikes that were purchased mail order and then I get attitude because I want to charge labor for the time spent on the haggling and parts switch over! Bottom line--smart shoppers will buy from us because our pricing is competitive and I guarantee that I will take better care of you then some punk on the phone in Utah or California. Plus, will Speedgoat or Dreamrides send you an Ellsworth Id to try out before you buy it? I didn't think so.

The new demo date is Saturday August 7th, 10 to 4. There will be another on Saturday, September 17th as well! Hope to see you there!!
Brendan
:p Don't you think it's kinda of interseting that words "Cycle Craft" can be re-arranged into the words, "Fact Cycler".<p>http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/

·
Registered
38 Posts
More Info Please

Joining this thread late...sorry!!

Demo-
Where?
When?
Time?

Time to replace the Specialized FSR!!

Thanks,

B.

·
Crashin' since the 60's
73 Posts
RyderX said:
:p Don't you think it's kinda of interseting that words "Cycle Craft" can be re-arranged into the words, "Fact Cycler".http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/

It is also interesting that "Cycle Craft Store" can be arranged into the words "AFTER CYCLER COST" .

Sort of appropriate considering the time/money associated with a free demo.

</pre>

</pre>

·
Registered
85 Posts
I actually get it.

:)
Brendan said:

Brendan
Hey Thanks Brendan and To all involved at Cycle Craft for bringing this to us for FREE. I get it, and I actually appreciate the effort on CC's end. I'll see you there at the demo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts