Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Morning Dirt Riders!
The Cycle Craft Dirt Demo is postponed due to the yucky weather. We will reschedule the event. Keep an eye on the message board or cyclecraft.com for updates. A new date will be announced Monday 7/26 or Tuesday 7/27. Thanks!
Brendan

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'll go down as saying...

That today was one of the nicest days of the summer.

I could understand postponing the demo if it was yesterday, but today :rolleyes: ???

I had a great ride, and was really suprised to not find a lot of mud.

Guess we have something to look forward too :)

-Bob

·
Registered
85 Posts
It depends on where you are located. You may not have gotten rain, but it's still rain very close to malhon. Anyone going to volunteer to clean the mud and grime off of the dirt demo bikes. I don't ride in wet conditions so testing bikes to see how they perform in wet conditions is useless to me. I want to see how they perform in my normal riding conditions.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Had a beautiful 3 hour ride at Mahlon today

Very little mud but the rocks were snot slick. It was worth riding there today. Bike got a little dirtier than usual but nothing drastic considering all the rain we had yesterday.

Tomorrow and Monday are reserved for surfing.

·
Registered
85 Posts
It's probably easy for us all to comment on how the ride should have gone on when we are not doing all of the work to put on the show. FOR FREE I might add. We should actually be thankfull that this shop is even going to offer this to us. I can't really name any other shops that is presenting me or anyone else with an opportunity like this. I'm content waiting for a new date.

·
www.justthebonnet.com
1,475 Posts
God forbid one rides a Mountain Bike in the MUD?????
Weak call on Cycle Crafts part. I could see postponing a road bike demo due to rain (not really though), but come one, it IS a mtn bike, they are supposed to get dirty and get some "real" condition testing. :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
you guys don't get

The shop is doing this to drum up business. Crappy weather = crappy turnout. Plus the bikes will get all shat-tied up creating more headaches for them.

Seems like alot of you young guys these days are so anti-business and always whining about something.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You are most definitely ignorant to think that they make $1000 on a bike sale. WOW I originally gave you more credit than that. You obviously don't understand business. Remember this Dirt Demo is FREE for you and me. Name another bike ship offering it and then you can have the right to ***** about cyclecraft. They don't owe us anything. $1000 profit on a bike, that is hilarious. Shops don't make money on bikes, they make it on parts and service.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You are being foolish

Capt_phun said:
Really? Then how can a 2002 Scalpel 1000 which originally sold for $2699.00 msrp be offered for sale for $1700.00 to get rid of it? Hmmm looks like $999.99 profit if sold for MSPR. So sorry it isn't exactly $1000.00.
You think bike shops stay in business selling high end $2,500 bikes? The median price of a bike sold at any shop would probably be about $350-$450. Yes they do make coin on the handful of high end bikes they sell, that is because those consumers are not as sensitive to price when making the decision to buy. They want he best, because they can afford it, not because they need it.

Really, you will understand when you leave the polit bureau....I mean University.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Capt_phun, they aren't making $999.99 profit. They are smart enough to know that they can't sell the 2002 scalpel for close the price of the 2004 scalpel so they drop the price to make it more attractive to consumers to buy. They are actually losing profit since they did not sell that 2002 scalpel in 2002 where they could have gotten the fair market value for the bike then. Would you pay full price for a brand new 2000 toyota celica TODAY. Well you may, but most wouldn't. At $1700 they are probably selling that bike for COST and making zero dollars off of it just to get it out the door. Since it sat around for 2 years they actually lost money. Do yourself a favor and don't ever open a business. :) Seriously man, you should be greatful that they are offering this to us for FREE. I just bought a new bike so it is likely that cyclecraft is not going to benefit by offering this to me. Are you going to purchase a new bike since you are going to take advantage of cyclecrafts generosity???? Secondly, we should all stay off the trails when they are muddy and wet, It causes erosion and the Hikers get pissed. Ya know what that means??? It means we run the risk of getting our trails closed off to Mountain Bikers. Remember watchung, Remember the golf courses at mercer county park. Bikers always lose to the hikers. You'd be long gone after the demo when Malhon is bching at cycle craft for running a wet event and causing erosion. Do you young dudes care about anything else but yourselves? Please don't mess up my opportunity to ride at these places because of your selfishness to ride at all costs. I'm in this sport for the long hall man.

·
Registered
200 Posts
thanks for the update

I checked the forums before I went over and saved myself a trip.

please post the reschedule date as I want to demo a FS bike or 2

Brendan said:
Good Morning Dirt Riders!
The Cycle Craft Dirt Demo is postponed due to the yucky weather. We will reschedule the event. Keep an eye on the message board or cyclecraft.com for updates. A new date will be announced Monday 7/26 or Tuesday 7/27. Thanks!
Brendan

·
Registered
85 Posts
Capt_phun said:
Young dudes? Ok wrong again. Just keep you old a$$ out of my way and I don't have to worry about seeing you in the mud, I'm sure there are plenty of rail trails for you to play on.
Before you attempt suicide by putting me in the mud, take a course in business at a county school or have you mommy :D hold onto your money for you until you get a grasp on the whole finance thingy. From the way you talk, you wouldn't have a clue how much change you are supposed to get back if your mommy gave you money to go buy some candy from the corner store. Stay in school young guy, you need it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.