Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Dirt Day in Paradise 07/30/06

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  cake96861 
#1 ·
#4 ·
enduro808 said:
question: is this race worth entering? xc course is 3miles, and i take it that it will be ridden as many times you can in 20 minutes? and the entry fee is 30 bucks for 20 minutes of riding? or am i reading this wrong?

im no racer but i am not made of $ either
Do the family ride instead. $20 for 3 hours of riding.

#7 ·
Stumpjumper808 said:
That's tomorrow, and lets be praying that TS daniel grows some sack and blows a little harder. Then it just might make things a little sporty come sunday.
I can relax and drink a beer in rain or shine.
WS
Yeah, the muddier the better. I had the most fun doing a Mountainman Triathlon under extremely muddy conditions. That race was more about staying upright on the ride and run portion. I crashed hard on the grassy downhill. I jumped back on the bike and took off. The course workers were yelling at me about my head. I didn't know till I finished the race that I had cracked my helmet. I still had my Bell helmet receipt so Bell sent me a new crash replacement helmet for $10.00.

I must have washed off 20 pounds of mud off my bike when I got home.

#8 ·
I could care less about rain, mud and slippery conditions. It'll be nice just to get silly out there with all you knobby-heads! And any day riding is better than slaving at work anyway. I figured I'd do us all a favor and called the Bike Shop (King St); they said if the storm is "real bad" that the event will be postponed for about a month (NORBA schedule). As it stands, I haven't sent my dues in yet and figure most of you haven't either - I figure everybody's going to pay up the day of the event. . . (so damn you if you've already paid!)

#9 ·
Stumpjumper808 said:
Roger that! I have submitted my dues, prepped the fold out shade, cold beer, and myself. At worst I'll drag along my humble SJ, but if I find a nice deal on a full suspension frame I may bring something else.
Cheers,
will
I have a 04 Gemini for sale!! all new comoponents on it, DHX 5.0, Marz 66 and alot of other things.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.