Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
9,316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last 10 plus years I have been on XC-DH bikes. I decided to pick up a Yamaha 250 trail bike. I rode dirt bikes in my early teens on my friends property and made it out to the local OHV parks on occasion. So I thought descending would be second nature on this dirt bike...Boy was I wrong :eekster: I seriously felt like I was going to endo on even small hills. I am use to getting my weight back ,low,over the rear tire and w/ that big old dirt bike seat it ain't happening. So I asked a few riders in the group for some descending tips. I was told to modulate the brakes and shift my torso rearward and let the bikes momentum glide me down the hill. Ok I went for a few hills and felt like I was on a road bike w/ the seat @ full extension. After a few rides i just don't feel comfortable descending & dirt biking is supposed to be fun. So I watched a couple "trials bikes" in action and they really remind me of mountain bikes - low COG, lighter weight, less seat to get behind. What do you all think?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts