Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already know about BikesDirect and Ferrazzi, but does anybody know any other manufactures who do direct internet sales? I was at a different L.B.S. than I usually go to, when I mentioned the Ferrazzi site, the options and info I got were better than before when they thought I was some noob off the street (as opposed to a noob with internet). I doubt I'll order from them but today was another illustration that knowledge is power.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes that's the sort of thing I'm looking for. I figure the more options I have and can bring up if needed the better.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response and sorry I haven't said so sooner. Went O.T.B. on Sunday:cryin: , landed on my face (THANK GOD FOR HELMETS!!!!!), so haven't been in mood or shape for 'net surfing or anything else. Still not 100% or even 80%, but most of the swelling has subsided.

·
Registered
403 Posts
IMO ... directnet bike sales are cool, and can save you some cash, but if you're really a noob rider, the support of a LBS is invaluable. A good bike shop will support you no matter who you buy the bike from, but good bike shops don't hang around when everybody is buying bikes online. Just my opinion anyway..
Good luck, hope you feel better bro!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IMO ... directnet bike sales are cool, and can save you some cash, but if you're really a noob rider, the support of a LBS is invaluable. A good bike shop will support you no matter who you buy the bike from, but good bike shops don't hang around when everybody is buying bikes online. Just my opinion anyway..
Good luck, hope you feel better bro!
That isn't in question and the L.B.S. I normally go to is a good shop. It's just when I went to that other shop I got a reminder that not everybody in business has my best interests at heart and will take shameless advantage of my ignorance. When I mentioned that I could order xyz from www.xyz at the same component level for 15% less, attitudes and opinions changed fairly quickly. I doubt I'll go back to that stare anytime soon, but I figure it can't hurt to see what else is out there on the 'web, good or bad, can only serve to educate.

·
Premium Member
48,238 Posts
I already know about BikesDirect and Ferrazzi, but does anybody know any other manufactures who do direct internet sales? I was at a different L.B.S. than I usually go to, when I mentioned the Ferrazzi site, the options and info I got were better than before when they thought I was some noob off the street (as opposed to a noob with internet). I doubt I'll order from them but today was another illustration that knowledge is power.
On-One and Titus USA Store - Welcome

·
Registered
403 Posts
hucknroll.com has Vassagos, Salsas, and Yeti's *among others* , directnet sales. Good site.

Competitivecyclist.com has a bunch of different brands available as frames or complete bikes with custom builds too . .

Also checkout forgebikes.com

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.