Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14,939 Posts
The website looks normal to me. We've got a few sets of their lights. They are nice. I like the fact they will repair/support their products so they aren't disposable. I also feel better having a battery/charger from them vs. the cheapest Chinese option since high-capacity batteries are essentially small incendiary devices when anything goes wrong.

I hope they stay in business. Problem is they make quality products so we only buy from them occasionally as they don't fail or go obsolete particularly fast.

·
Registered
906 Posts
^ I hope they stay in business too. I have two ~10 year old Dinnotte lights (the older 600 lumen version of the XML-3, and a 400 lumen helmet light); they both still work great! I only have one battery with any capacity remaining but I use it daily on my commute.

I don't do much night riding anymore, but I would not hesitate to buy from them again if I needed a premium light.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I´m lifting this thread a bit. I have the really old DiNotte light engine, the tube one with a single LED. I emailed DiNotte a few days ago with questions about (any) options with regard to a new more robust battery/charger solution or if upgrading the LED is a good idea. I haven´t heard back from them yet. I really like the small form factor of the 200 (as I think the light was called) and that DiNotte is making a quality product that can be upgraded, so it would be a shame if the went out of business. Fingers crossed.

·
eastman
290 Posts
I´m lifting this thread a bit. I have the really old DiNotte light engine, the tube one with a single LED. I emailed DiNotte a few days ago with questions about (any) options with regard to a new more robust battery/charger solution or if upgrading the LED is a good idea. I haven´t heard back from them yet. I really like the small form factor of the 200 (as I think the light was called) and that DiNotte is making a quality product that can be upgraded, so it would be a shame if the went out of business. Fingers crossed.
Some vendors are a little slow to respond via email, I called them once - 603-929-0123, and they answered on the second ring!

·
mtbr member
32 Posts
Some vendors are a little slow to respond via email, I called them once - 603-929-0123, and they answered on the second ring!
They're still there. I send 3 emails with no response and finally got through on the 3rd phone call ~ probably just busy...

I own an XML3 (for my helmet) which I love. I'm looking to buy a second light for my handlebars.

·
Registered
14,939 Posts
They're still there.
That's great. I was night riding with my Dinotte lights recently and realized my 8 year old batteries are getting tired. I'll probably buy a new one for my helmet light and then use the two old ones to power the bar light since it's easier to swap batteries there. That should get me back to full run time on both. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have recently tried unsuccessfully to contact Dinotte by phone (voice mailbox is full) and email. Does anyone know if they are still in business or not? I am a long time customer, and have a fairly new Quad 4 light whose battery has failed. I sure hope they are not a Covid-19 casualty.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.