Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mexican e-rider
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to the unscrupulous people of this forum and your constant whining about wanting more travel and plushness I was forced in to a terrible state of UGI that was only recently alleviated when I purchased one of the demo fleet of Spots. :D Needless to say, my wife is not happy.

The build is very light, so much so that it weighs only about one pound more than my Flux. I am still playing around with the DHX and the Float 130 XTT (which I am not sure if I like yet) but will ride it this weekend and report back on any differences between my HL Flux Vs the TNT Spot.

So without any further delay, I present to you the ONLY Spot in Mexico and the Third Turner to ever grace this land!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
What's this world coming to when third world country citizens own more than 1 Turner?

Sweet Spot. Hopefully appeasing the wife won't end up doubling the price of the Spot...

·
Now with 3 more inches!
1,463 Posts
elmadaleno said:
I present to you the ONLY Spot in Mexico and the Third Turner to ever grace this land!
Congratulations on the ride, but I'm not sure about your arithmetic there. Think there might be a couple more (other than your 2 and my 1) kicking around. Warp assures me there is at least another Flux around.

Does this mean you'll be needing those 2 Turner Jerseys now?

Where is it going to be this weekend? We could arrange a Mexico Turner gathering.

Matt

·
Mexican e-rider
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We prefer to be called "soon to be a maybe (hopefully) developing country". :p

The double Taco is awesome, this bike looks so much sturdier than the Flux, I can't wait to go try it out. How about saturday Tigerdog? The #3 & #4 Mexican Turners enjoying our nice 60 degree weather while our friends to the north hibernate for the winter!

·
Bike to the Bone...
8,290 Posts
elmadaleno said:
Thanks to the unscrupulous people of this forum and your constant whining about wanting more travel and plushness I was forced in to a terrible state of UGI that was only recently alleviated when I purchased one of the demo fleet of Spots. :D Needless to say, my wife is not happy.

The build is very light, so much so that it weighs only about one pound more than my Flux. I am still playing around with the DHX and the Float 130 XTT (which I am not sure if I like yet) but will ride it this weekend and report back on any differences between my HL Flux Vs the TNT Spot.

So without any further delay, I present to you the ONLY Spot in Mexico and the Third Turner to ever grace this land!
Madaleno, I think there's at least 5 Turners in this land..... at least that I know of including yours. Let's see when we can hook up and ride.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Flux v Light Spot

Elmadeleno:

Would love to hear your impressions and perspectives of the differences of a Flux and light Spot. I have been riding a light XCE for several years and just purchased a Spot that I hope to build in the 28# range. I was really on the fence btw the Flux and Spot. Additionally would like to get your impression on the Magura Louise brake setup. Thinking about a build up very close to yours.

Happy Singletracking

kegbert1

elmadaleno said:

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
Congratulations Madaleno!!!!

You wanna be good to your wife, man!

I know what it's like :D

Should we ride this sunday?? My Warp will be more than happy to beat two Turners and one Titus on the way to the Monolito... don't worry, surely the crazy dude on a Raleigh will beat the crap out of us all.

I have accounted for at least 6 Turners.

Madaleno - 2 (Flux and Spot)
Tigerdog - 1 (Burner)
Puebla - 1 (Medium Flux)
DF - 1 Medium Flux and 1 Large Flux (being sold at some 4 grands and Avid mechs on)

Your Spot is the only one that I know of , tough.

·
Mexican e-rider
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
kegbert1 said:
Would love to hear your impressions and perspectives of the differences of a Flux and light Spot. I have been riding a light XCE for several years and just purchased a Spot that I hope to build in the 28# range. I was really on the fence btw the Flux and Spot. Additionally would like to get your impression on the Magura Louise brake setup. Thinking about a build up very close to yours.
Kegbert: I will let you know after this weekend's inagural ride on the Spot. So far (on the parking lot) the Flux feels more plush but it is mainly because I havent figured out the settings on the DHX A and the platform on the Float XTT that came with the bike. Also on the parking lot the Maguras feel more powerful than the Juicy 7s I have on the Flux, but that might just be pad wear.

Tigerdog: Can't go on Sunday but manybe next week?

·
"El Whatever"
18,889 Posts
tigerdog said:
On that topic, I was very surprised that my wife didn't even question me getting the Burner, but they were giving away a free Giro XEN with every bike purchase at Thanksgiving. If you catch my drift. ;)
Yeah... I know of a couple "more expensive than usual" stuff along with package deals :D

BTW... Benotto sells Giro now, I want a Giro Semi MX (or whatever is called that cool MX like helmet).

·
Now with 3 more inches!
1,463 Posts
Warp2003 said:
Congratulations Madaleno!!!!

On that topic, I was very surprised that my wife didn't even question me getting the Burner, but they were giving away a free Giro XEN with every bike purchase at Thanksgiving. If you catch my drift. ;)

·
not so super...
11,466 Posts
tigerdog said:
Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love it when you can "find" those kind of promotions!

·
Mexican e-rider
977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Warp2003 said:
Being totally honest I told her I would sell the Flux but it seems that is going to be completely impossible in Mexico because its an XL
:eek:

I am hoping to put on a "dog and pony" show in the mexican version of ebay and just let it grow on her that I will never be able to sell it (that is of cours provided she does not visit this forum) and that I have to keep it! :D

Anyway, a Flux vs Spot post is on the way soon.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts