Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Dimond Park (Oakland) Ride - CANCELLED!!

BBQ is still on, just the Dimond ride is cancelled.

Bicycle Trails Council of the East Bay is having our annual New Years Party January 23rd. As part of the celebration we're hosting a ride in Dimond Park in the morning and then BBQ in Pleasant Hill in the afternoon.

9:30 am - Intermediate Group Ride in Dimond Park - CANCELLED!!!
The day begins with a group ride in Dimond Park in Oakland. If you haven't ridden in Dimond you owe yourself a visit - complete with switchbacks, creek-crossings, and BTCEB built singletrack, this fun and technical park is a little known gem ducked next to Joaquin Miller Park. Meet at the Dimond Recreation Center, 3860 Hanly Road, Oakland for a 9:30 departure.

4:00 pm BBQ Dinner and Beer
The main events kicks off at 4:00 pm back at Dan Levy's place in Pleasant Hill with a BBQ dinner. We'll be roasting Tri Tip and chicken on the outdoor kitchen, with pot-luck sides, all washed down with a generous supply of FREE BEER! We'll also be presenting our yearly volunteer and advocacy awards from our sponsors at Solano Avenue Cyclery, Hank & Frank Bicycles, and Sharp Bicycle.

It's all free for BTCEB members and guest. (Not a BTCEB member or not sure of your membership status? Join online, drop a message to [email protected], or we'll have membership sign-up forms on hand.)

Please RSVP Dan at [email protected] for the BBQ we have a head count and to coordinate pot-luck. Cantact [email protected] or call 510-761-MTBK for more info on the Dimond Park ride.

·
Feeling a little taller
6,705 Posts
Sounds like fun! I'm going to have to miss it so I can do the kids activities at 1pm and get the house ready for the party.

I heard some lunatics are planning to ride all the way from Dimond Canyon over to my house and might want to drop off fresh clothes with someone who's driving over and maybe catch a ride back to Oakland at the end of the party.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dimond Ride Cancelled

Well the sun is finally peaking out and looks like we'll have dry weather for the BBQ. But with over 4" of rain this week I'm going to pull the plug on the Dimond ride. Within many of the EBRPD parks there's zero environmental effects while riding on a fire road (that's bulldozed every year or so). But Dimond & JMP are nice sweet singletrack trails and we want to avoid impacting them in the wet weather.

The 1:00 kids ride is still happening (leaving from Dan's place) and of course the BBQ is still on starting at 4:00pm. Drop Dan a note
for directions to his house.

Hope to see everyone at the BBQ.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.