Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Heads up everyone! I'm launching a made-in-USA, multi-link, full-suspension bike which I'm certain will be of interest to many here.

It's embargoed for a few more days, but I can tell you now that it's designed to deliver improved shock performance, improved chassis stiffness, improved reliability over existing suspensions, it's light but sturdy (yes really, I know that sounds like an oxymoron), can accept hilted dropper posts over 210mm (185mm for size S), and can carry two water bottles (three if you mount one under the DT).

I'm crowdfunding the launch, and the pricing will be best for the earliest backers which is why I'm writing to let y'all know in advance. Check it out at DigitBikes.com, (There's a signup there if you want to get notified immediately when it goes live).

Many of you know me as the DirtBaggies guy (I've been in business for about 10 years and I don't think I've had any unhappy customers), alongside that I've been in the bike industry for over 20 years, as an engineer, designer, in customer service, as a shock technician since the beginning, bike mechanic, and more. I was called an "industry veteran" recently, I think it was meant as a complement but it made me feel old.

Anyway, I'm starting this thread because it seems that every time something very new shows up there are competing threads and the forum gets messy (I understand that this might not work).

I've been relatively active here over the years, and will try to continue with that. However, things are going to be absolutely bananas for me in the coming weeks. So if I don't answer promptly, please accept my apologies in advance, my focus will have to be on my backers and their Q&A's on the crowdfunding site. I'll check in when I can.

This is quite a moonshot, so please wish me luck, and if you'd like to see a fellow MTBR veteran succeed, please tell your friends and ring all the social media bells. Or just pledge for a bike, you know you need a new one anyway ;-)

Line Gas Writing implement Cylinder Tool

Attachments

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,877 Posts
improved shock performance, improved chassis stiffness, improved reliability over existing suspensions

over which existing suspensions ? all of them ? some tall tales

need some compelling facts to pledge dough
if you licensed a linkage design from whose I ride now, then yeah I'm on board

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I’m sure there will be metrics by which it will be inferior and disciplines for which the first model will be unsuited. There’s no BEST of anything. But for me this is better enough in so many ways that I’m betting the farm.

·
Registered
959 Posts
I'm going to be exceptionally disappointed if you don't include at least two of the following:

New axle diameter, new headset standard (BSA threaded perhaps?), New steerer tube style (double taper maybe? If one is good... ), new rear brake mount standard or new handlebar diameter.

Plus your bike needs to be eBike compatible. If it's not built to eBike standards is it really built?

·
Cycologist
8,691 Posts
The Grim Donut for the masses?!?!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing that extreme. I was hoping the doughnuts would get PB's attention, it hasn't worked yet though.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I'm going to be exceptionally disappointed if you don't include at least two of the following:

New axle diameter, new headset standard (BSA threaded perhaps?), New steerer tube style (double taper maybe? If one is good... ), new rear brake mount standard or new handlebar diameter.

Plus your bike needs to be eBike compatible. If it's not built to eBike standards is it really built?
Be careful what you wish for - I once designed a bike with a weird steerer tube, headset and brake mount. It was actually very popular because it was backward compatible with off-the-shelf parts.

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,877 Posts

·
EAT MORE GRIME
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
6,877 Posts
What's your problem??
Wish the guy good luck and move on.
zero details, kickstarter bait, asking for funding....saying it's unique and better with no evidence shown whatsoever.

typically these are one of ten thousand JASK projects

if some legit working prototype, diagrams, or patents appear I'll remove the yawn
until then just vaporware

this is an MTB forum ....gonna get some rips on non-existent claims
he says he's an MTBR veteran, so should know about getting goofed on, and have a tough skin

has designed and engineered world class road bike designs
suspension linkages are a whole world of different

if it is better, I'll buy one. but I own what is, imho, the pinnacle now, so it's gonna be a toughie

·
Evolutionsverlierer
2,455 Posts
1 - 20 of 103 Posts