Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the All Mountain forum as well, but figuring yo Turner folk are so into seeing a fricken Turner in action I thought it was a good match. In anycase, been building on a local trail and we finally got it rideable from top to bottom. 11 doubles, 360 berm, and plank drop at the moment. Once we have this line completely finished will start adding off shoots. In anycase, at the end of the evening the sun was setting and it was the deepest red I have ever seen not sure the picture really gives it justice, but it was sick. The best part about this line is that its on top of a hill over looking the bay....

Attachments

·
Banned
2,227 Posts
Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Dumb to build on such high profile public land.

Dumb to post pictures that make identifying the area so easy.

There's another "dumb" in there somewhere but I'l stop at two for now.

·
Just roll it......
7,621 Posts
Just curious.

Zaxxon,

Nice pics.

Assuming you're the builder of this trail, why would you post pics of it on the interweb for everyone to see? It's obviously not on private land unless I'm missing something. With the background shot, it wouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. Landmarks basically give the location away. Anyway, after digging a nice trail and spending countless hours on it, it seems like it'd be in your interest to keep this with your primary crew vs. dropping photos on the web first thing. :nono:

If you're not the primary builder, I'll assume a good ole fashioned ass whooping is coming your way (verbal or otherwise). As someone that builds a bit of trail, I can tell you that pic with the background would cause a sh!tstorm in our neck o' the woods since it gives away the locale. Of course, all of our pics have big trees in the background, so it's a non issue.

Cheers,
EB

·
Now with flavor!!
5,613 Posts
ebxtreme said:
If you're not the primary builder, I'll assume a good ole fashioned ass whooping is coming your way (verbal or otherwise). As someone that builds a bit of trail, I can tell you that pic with the background would cause a sh!tstorm in our neck o' the woods since it gives away the locale. Of course, all of our pics have big trees in the background, so it's a non issue.

Cheers,
EB
Check the norcal forum and look for dirty harrys.....and feel my pain.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,227 Posts

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
the pics are awsome! the skills ya show on the bike are excellent. the lack of helmet is substantially more stupid than postin pics of ridin without one. the trail access thing? well if these guys are right, its gonna be a lonely winter and a helluva long summer for ya. i hope theyre wrong and ya find the good sense to wear a lid tomorrow.

·
Banned
128 Posts
Something smells skunky. Zachdank.

cactuscorn, you should lecture those guys at Dirt magazine in the UK. They commonly have pictures of riders without helmets. What's odd is that many of those riders are a little more skilled than the average Homer and maybe even more skilled than the Team Sanchez people. I've heard that Rowen Sorrell actually races world cup pro downhill. So maybe cactuscorn's lecture series hasn't been heard on the world cup pro downhill race circuit. Here's your chance!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ebxtreme said:
Zaxxon,

Nice pics.

Assuming you're the builder of this trail, why would you post pics of it on the interweb for everyone to see? It's obviously not on private land unless I'm missing something. With the background shot, it wouldn't take a brain surgeon to figure it out. Landmarks basically give the location away. Anyway, after digging a nice trail and spending countless hours on it, it seems like it'd be in your interest to keep this with your primary crew vs. dropping photos on the web first thing. :nono:

Cheers,
EB
Ah, the good ole knockem down... First yes I'm the primary builder, second yes countless hours of building a sustainable trail. Weedwacking, clearing overgrown brush, picking up other peoples trash, cutting back burnable weeds, using thrown concrete, putting in berms so there aren't braking bumps, water bars for run off. Why is it that every person building a trail is automatically put in the catagory of building some wicked illegal wood structure. If anything, I'm cleaning up a mess left by passers by who think that its a place to dump there crap.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Jerk_Chicken said:
Time to call in the poachers, land managers, and the dirt jumpers.

Thanks, Zaxxon! Wrench Science at work being models for the community!
Yeah, I made a mistake by being stoked about bikes and riding. Sorry for getting some tweaked air on a little double and showing you the sunset. I apologize for my hat not being thick enough for you or not snell approved. I apologize for a trail in a beautiful scenery that is being well maintained and evironmentally friendly. Of course I apologize for letting you all in for some good old riding. I guess talking the talk is way more important than riding. I guess you can just write me off as one of those guys, who loves to ride bikes and work on trails. We all know there are way to many of those anyway. As far as Wrench Science concerned, WS didnt' work on the trail, I did and I had no intention of bringing WS into it. Although now you can be assured that I ride bikes and I'm not some poser on the phone just talking the talk or spending my days on the forums. I'm truly sorry for all the things I've done for the mountain bike community over the last 15 years. Last I'm sorry for being me, a person with dirt in there veins and a life of 2 wheels trying to make something out of nothing.

·
Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
12,942 Posts
im sorry man. didnt mean to make ya feel un appriciated here. i just dont like seein folks get hurt. seen it too much in my time and been there myself. yeah, i mean a head injury. it sucked but i got off easy. yer post was full of stoke and the trail is teets! i for one approached this all wrong. sorry.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.