Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Waiting to exhale.
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am curious if anyone knows if there is any difference in ride quality and performance between seat stay styles of different makers like sycip vs. seven vs. titus and dean?

EDIT: I just realized I put ti frame makers with steel ones. Obviously, compared to the same material is what I meant.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Hey great back end and the bikes OK too???
Seriously, I ride an old dean colonel circa '98 with oversized seat and chain stays and it's great as a ss due to the stiffness, yet it still has the Ti absorbancy. A lot of the comfort in my bike is also due to the Ti seatpost and a great saddle. yours should be quite stiff with the wishbone arrangement. All i need to do now is copy that great paint job. enjoy it when it's together (pewter coloured CK hubs would complement the colour scheme)

Cheers
Steve
SMOKEY said:
I am curious if anyone knows if there is any difference in ride quality and performance between seat stay styles of different makers like sycip vs. seven vs. titus and dean?

EDIT: I just realized I put ti frame makers with steel ones. Obviously, compared to the same material is what I meant.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
That paint job is sweet!

you take that pic at Jay and Jeremy's? My new Diesel should be ready it was to be painted last week, hope to pick it up next week, my white SS CX frame is hanging in the shop too.

Your pic is making me anxious. Have fun with the build on that.

If it's your first Sycip, you'll be very happy, I'm on my fourth.

·
try driving your car less
3,097 Posts
SMOKEY said:

my lame understanding is that the tubing is really important. how it is tapered and butted both internally and externally.

that frame looks sweet. looks are way more important that how it rides, of course! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
223 Posts
I remember that frame from Interbike....

I have had numerous hardtails (Ti, Alu and Steel). The first time I rode my diesel it felt way more compliant in the rear. In theory you can make a wishbone seatstay just as stiff as a standard, It depends on the tubing you use.

Enjoy the frame,

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.