Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wally on Wheels
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is just me being a wrenching joey but I was just drooling over this Gee Milner Video (
) and was wondering what the difference between the red and white greases are? eg at 2:35 and at 7:15. I've just been using Shimano Premium Grease (https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-premium-grease/rp-prod33663)for everything when building up my bike (Alu frame). Have I messed up?

Cheers for any thoughts!

·
U sayin' Bolt ?
1,364 Posts
Love those videos. The white looks like a thick, anti seize type, and the red looks like a lightweight grease. I don't know specifics, as I tend to use automotive oils/greases because they are so much cheaper than the bike specific stuff. My general rule is the thickness of the oil/grease depends on how infrequently I will change it.

I don't think you messed up. For my first decade or so of riding I ran through a big tub of lucas oil marine grease for everything but the chain, never had an issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.