Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
I'm Done
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read on here that Altek only made v-brake levers (which I'm not sure of). It seems they had at least two different models due to the main pivot location being slightly different:

Altek2.jpg AltekBrakeLeversRedSilver6.jpg

Does anyone know the various models that were offered, and what the primary differences are?

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
They had a gripshift model and a trigger model that I remember. I had the GS model that I ran with Shimano triggers without any issues.

·
I'm Done
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They had a gripshift model and a trigger model that I remember. I had the GS model that I ran with Shimano triggers without any issues.
Interesting! I never knew of a "GS" model. So far I've only found mentions of BL-10, BL-20, & BL-25 models. The entry on Bikepro is:

"ALTEK BL-20 standard or BL-25 with the V-brake pull ratio"

I would guess the BL-10 model has a shorter lever? I'm not sure. Also not sure where the GS model fits in in all of this, and what distinguishing design features these different models have.

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
BL-25 sounds right for what I had. I remember when I bought them through a magazine mailorder I had the choice of black or red, and I had to choose gripshift or trigger shifters.

I choose red.

They were great levers. I had them paired to Shimano DX v-brakes, because they were a red version of the LX brakes.

They also did levers for the Magura HS brakes that looked awesome.

edit: A quick google shows the BL-25, BL-15 and BL-40.

·
No known cure
4,083 Posts
My favorite V lever. I'm not sure which model I have but they're on a single speed so it doesn't matter. The bend in the lever blade is the exact same as the Avid Black Ops levers. The Alteks have a wider blade and a better pivot. With the Avids I had to shim the slop out of them with disc brake caliper spacers.

I had the Magura lever blades too.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts