Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a Speacialized Hardrock sport earlier this year just to get back into riding. My love for riding really blossomed since then and I took up a great deal on a Raleigh Ram 4.0 that was on closeout.

On my first ride, the bike seamed a bit twitchy going through a patch of sand that I easily rolled through a few days earlier on the Hardrock. Since then I've taken a few spills that seem almost unexplainable. I also feel like I need to go much slower through some of the sharp turns that I've been through on the Hardrock.

At first I figured the tires are at fault, so I tried swapping them with no luck. Perhaps the differences in geometry is enough to throw my balance off? I'll be taking the Hardrock out for a spin this weekend just to see how things go, but I wondered if anybody else has had a similar experience?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Do you think you maybe could be going faster with the Ram because it has front and rear suspension (more comfy) and your not stopping enough. I went from a 4 inch travel F&Rto a 6 inch F&R and the 6 inch enduro seemed out of control but I just couldnt tell the increased speed. But yea I know what you mean on tires; I cut down on alot of crashes with better tires.

As for sand, im not sure any full suspension is good at it. Ive never ridden a hard tail much so I cant say. Most of the time I walk the sand parts unless its packed wet sand.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.