Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as written in the title..dose anybody knows the differences between a marzocchi 44 29" tst2 model 2010 and 2011 model?..I found a good cheap used 2010 one and would like to know if it is a reliable fork and works fine or I should choose the 2011 model..if between the 2 years..they have been through important changes or improvements..
Thanks a lt for any info.

·
Registered
6,762 Posts
as written in the title..dose anybody knows the differences between a marzocchi 44 29" tst2 model 2010 and 2011 model?..I found a good cheap used 2010 one and would like to know if it is a reliable fork and works fine or I should choose the 2011 model..if between the 2 years..they have been through important changes or improvements..
Thanks a lt for any info.
The tech specs on the two forks are exactly the same. The only difference is a slight reduction in weight, the 10 has a claimed weight of 2289g (5 lbs), the 11 has a claimed weight of 2250g (4.9 lbs). Not enough to make a real difference. And of course the weights are slightly variable depending on steerer length.

Other than that they're pretty much the same fork.

Good Dirt

·
Rollin' a fatty
5,863 Posts
Have a 2011 and so far it's been disappointing.

The lockout knob fell, had to pay for the replacement and now rattles. The knob incident happened on the first ride and the ratting started on the third; seriously considering putting the Suntour fork back on.

To answer your question they're about the same.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have a 2011 and so far it's been disappointing.

The lockout knob fell, had to pay for the replacement and now rattles. The knob incident happened on the first ride and the ratting started on the third; seriously considering putting the Suntour fork back on.

To answer your question they're about the same.
..infact I have a Raidon air 29" fork with lockout and 15 through axle..Its a nice fork and works fine..It's just a bit short ..100mm..I wanted to try 120mm....A shop offerend me the Marzocchi Corsa SL LR 2012 at a good price..Maybe I should get that one?

·
Banned
7,930 Posts
..infact I have a Raidon air 29" fork with lockout and 15 through axle..Its a nice fork and works fine..It's just a bit short ..100mm..I wanted to try 120mm....A shop offerend me the Marzocchi Corsa SL LR 2012 at a good price..Maybe I should get that one?
Maybe you should search the 29'er thread for the Marzocchi Micro ti that is on sale for $350 instead?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.