Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These posts of the new 2010's are pretty sweet I must say. But I would like some more specifics... what are the differences between this years design and last years build.
Obviously there is the bent tubing that is somewhat a stronger triangle.

Does anyone know if they are still using Magnesium for the rockers? or is it your choice?
My guess is they redesigned the part and that allows you to get away with using Magnesium.

Any other differences that others are aware of?

I'm eying the 2010 Evolve by the way...

thanks and enjoy the new rides.

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Not sure on the differences besides appearance, but I have a 2009 Evolve with a 2010 due in Wednesday. Will post back after riding it and weighing it. Supposed to be a tiny bit lighter but much stiffer with the new hydro tubing.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SWEET. Gesh, are you keeping the 2009 as well or selling it on Ebay?
Thanks for posting the differences you find. There may be some small details too like cable routing, etc.

post photos once you have em.

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
Just finished the first ride on the 2010, all I can say is WOW! I expected it to be the same ride but it is not even close. The rear was super stiff and out of the saddle no pedal bob. It is the first time I have used the Ellsworth tuned rear shock. Normally use a RP23, but the big difference is the rear end stiffness, bike was like a freakin rocket. not even a hint of flex. Will update soon as I get some bigger stuff in.

·
Owner, Spoke Apparel
147 Posts
After speaking with some sales guys at Ellsworth, the only major difference in the 2010's vs. older models is the stiffness; beefier, shaped tubing, and larger, beefier stays. Also, with the top tube sweeping down like it does at the seat post, the stand-over clearance has improved significantly. Your balls no longer get smashed if, God forbid, you need to put your foot down (as many of who ride flats often do). The 2010's produced now (as opposed to the earliest 2010's) are also coming with ISCG chain guide mounts. I have a hunch we will soon see tapered head tubes and larger seat tubes allowing for something greater than a 27.2 post.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Spinning Lizard said:
Just finished the first ride on the 2010, all I can say is WOW! I expected it to be the same ride but it is not even close. The rear was super stiff and out of the saddle no pedal bob. It is the first time I have used the Ellsworth tuned rear shock. Normally use a RP23, but the big difference is the rear end stiffness, bike was like a freakin rocket. not even a hint of flex. Will update soon as I get some bigger stuff in.
Hi, would you please list the specs on your bike and how you got it built up to 26 LBS? What does the new frame weigh?

·
Banned
1,435 Posts
XTR shifters, cassette, and derailleurs
2010 American Clasic tubeless wheelset
Continental Race King 2.2 set up tubeless
Fox F29 FIT RLC
FSA K Force Light 386
Thomson Masterpiece post
FSA OS 99 stem
Easton SL carbon bar low rise
Formula R1 brakes with Dirty Dog rotors

·
Registered
315 Posts
Spinning Lizard said:
Love the Ellsworth tuned R, will not get the RP23. IMO not worth the money. Have quite a bit of saddle time on it now and believe the performance of the R is better.
Thanks for the quick response. That's $75 I can keep in my pocket!! SO, with the R being specifically tuned, I assume it eliminates the need of having the assortment of platforms the 23 would offer?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.