Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me in real world terms what the difference is between the Trek SL and SLR frames? I understand that the SLR is going to be lighter. Can you really tell the difference? I also think that the geometry is more aggressive on the SLR. I am trying to decide between a 4500 and a 6500, and want to know if the price difference is justified. Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
236 Posts
butts

clinton_1 said:
Can anyone tell me in real world terms what the difference is between the Trek SL and SLR frames? I understand that the SLR is going to be lighter. Can you really tell the difference? I also think that the geometry is more aggressive on the SLR. I am trying to decide between a 4500 and a 6500, and want to know if the price difference is justified. Thanks for your time.
SLR is butted in more places, the ride is a little more responsive and the bike is a little bit lighter.

·
Hup, Hup
536 Posts
There are also geometry differnces between the 4500 and the 6500. For example, the toptube on an 19.5" 4500 is 23" and the top tube on a 19.5" 6500 is 24.6".

The Trek line starts their "race geometry" with the 6500 model while everything from the 4900 on down is "recreational geometry".

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Get the 6500.

If you can stand the $ jump, do it. Better, lighter, more responsive frame. Better all around geometry, and better components almost across the board. There is no reason not to make the jump.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.