Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It says on the website Downhill Race or Agressive Freeride. What's the diff besides the basic components? Is the frame built differently or something? thanks, Fahn

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
LarryFahn said:
It says on the website Downhill Race or Agressive Freeride. What's the diff besides the basic components? Is the frame built differently or something? thanks, Fahn
Frames are built the same. The difference is component spec. Also note that the World Cup and Elite use the US made Factory frames.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
bighitboy said:
i thought the USA made team frames could only be bought as frame only? thats how it has been in the past
That was the case until this year. Prior to 2007 all complete bikes used the Taiwanese frames. Now the two models I mentioned use the US made frames.

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Another question: On the website it shows the Elite with DT rims (which I heard dent easily) but in the specs it says MTX. I'd really prefer the MTX, especially on a freeride bike. I'm just curious what it will come with. Is it one of those "wait until you order" type of things where you won't know until it's at your door? Fahn

·
Industry Loudmouth
964 Posts
LarryFahn said:
Another question: On the website it shows the Elite with DT rims (which I heard dent easily) but in the specs it says MTX. I'd really prefer the MTX, especially on a freeride bike.
The rims are MTX for production on the 7POINTs and Sunday Expert/Elite.

-ska todd

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.