Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
notabouttoseeyourlight
2,659 Posts
FoxRider77 said:
why do people ride a HT instead of a Full susp? Does it really matter or is FS just a waste of Money?
They are suitable for different situations. Theoretically, you could ride ANY bike in ANY situation, but some are more suited for a particular riding style or terrain than others.

Sure, you can ride a hardtail on FR or DH, I'm not really sure why you'd want to, but then again, I don't understand why people suspend themselves with hooks through their skin either.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
mmm... I think is like: why u want stick shift when u can go automatic...!

yeah...automatic is easyer but stick shift is more fun.

·
Gaa-zee-raaaa!
2,414 Posts
It depends on what and where I am riding. I love the HT for the trails here on the Front Range because it brings the fun back to them. Riding even the 6.5" FS I'm getting ready to sell on local trails dumbs them down to the point that they are boring - you don't have to pick a line, you can just mush over everything. Riding the HT allows a familiarity with the terrain that isn't possible on FS - think of the difference between sex with and without a latex barrier.

Comparing the hardtail to the FS is like comparing a scalpel to a chainsaw - the scalpel is a purpose built instrument that allows pinpoint accuracy, but when things get really ugly, the chainsaw is definitely the tool of choice.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.