Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Say using the Uzzi front triangle with a tracer link and air shock? I remember someone doing this and saying it worked real well. Anyone?

·
Registered
616 Posts
I believe the Uzzi front triangle weighs about a pound more than the Tracer..The SL was billed as a serious trailbike and the Tracer a X-country ride. I've done the complete oppostite...run a Tracer with the SL link.

·
Black Lion
4,431 Posts
jrm said:
Say using the Uzzi front triangle with a tracer link and air shock? I remember someone doing this and saying it worked real well. Anyone?
You could probably do it? Making a burley four inch travel rig with air shock. The Sl has 4.5 inches of travel and the likages are almost identical to the Tracer. Save for the extra .5 inch of travel. The only thing you are gaining is a stronger front triangle with a gusseted head tube. I say why not put a new style air shock on the SL.

I owned an Sl before my Tracer and it never felt comfotable. I always felt as if I had to ride it bow-legged. The Tracer on the other hand fits me like a glove.

Greg

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
They are very similar. The main difference is the head tube reinforcement and adjustable seat tower. The geometry is also a little bit different to keep the same angles as the Tracer while using a 4.5" link. They share the same rear triangle. And you interchange most parts between them. They use the same size shock so you should be able to run an air shock with the 4.5" link. The Tracers 4" link will probably slacken the angles a bit.

·
Registered
11,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had one too

yogreg said:
You could probably do it? Making a burley four inch travel rig with air shock. The Sl has 4.5 inches of travel and the likages are almost identical to the Tracer. Save for the extra .5 inch of travel. The only thing you are gaining is a stronger front triangle with a gusseted head tube. I say why not put a new style air shock on the SL.

I owned an Sl before my Tracer and it never felt comfotable. I always felt as if I had to ride it bow-legged. The Tracer on the other hand fits me like a glove.

Greg
The one thing i disliked the most was climbing on that bike. man talk about a slug..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts