Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, I wonder if someone can enlighten me into the differences between a Roval Control SL Rim, and a Control Trail SL rim.

A couple of months back, I buckled my front wheel, a Roval Control SL (alloy) on one of my 2010 S-Works Epic (26") I put my wheel into my local dealer who has managed to get replacement rims from Specialized UK. Upon inspection the other day, I notice that they have sent Control Trail SL rims. They pretty much measure up the same, only the decals at one end are different. Does anyone on here know the difference?

Thanks & Regards

Chris

·
J-Flo
1,739 Posts
For the last 4-5 years "Control SL" has been used only for the top-end Roval carbon wheels. The "Trail" version of this had a thicker/sturdier layup (and weighs a bit more), but looked very similar. I have no experience with the earlier aluminum "Control SL" rims but assume the same is true; they probably don't have any more of the alloy rims and so got you the slightly stronger and very slightly heavier Control Trail SL. As long as the spoke count is the same you should be fine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts