Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there's any functional difference (i.e. bigger negative air volume or less stiction) between the 2018 and 2019 air shaft assembly for the Fox 34 Fit4 fork? I'd like to increase the beginning stroke suppleness of my 2018 model year fork if possible.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
The change to the Evol air spring with the bigger negative side was made between the 2017 and 2018 model years, you would have to look at something like a Vorsprung Luftkappe to make a change.

·
Hitching a ride
3,193 Posts
ok but did you take your fork apart and clean out all the grease so the air spring works properly? I just have the Grip 34 but it works super smooth on small bump.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I've been reading Fox really packs the neg chamber with grease. Will check that first before contemplating an upgrade to LuftKappe.

Question about the Luftkappe on the Fox 34 - does it make the fork too progressive on the end stroke for lightweight riders (I'm around 155lbs)? Currently running my stock 2018 34 with no volume spacers and it seems to be about right in terms of using all the travel with 20% sag.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.