Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MassiveAttack
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a great deal on an 04 SWROKS EPIC Frame and currently ride on a 04 EPIC COMP DISC Frame. I was wondering if it's worth the swap and the differences between the two: (1) Lighter, (2) Durability, (3) Materials (4) Etc..

Any ideas, info or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! : )

·
Registered
410 Posts
It's worth trading up

Frame material on the S-works is M5 which has a better strength-to-weight ratio. The frame is lighter to to the M5 and the cool carbon link. The brain is adjustable on the S-works (can't remember if it is on Comp). Besides all that, not everyone on the trail will be on a S works so it will hold it's value better. Have fun.

·
Just passing through....
1,331 Posts
massiveattack said:
I got a great deal on an 04 SWROKS EPIC Frame and currently ride on a 04 EPIC COMP DISC Frame. I was wondering if it's worth the swap and the differences between the two: (1) Lighter, (2) Durability, (3) Materials (4) Etc..

Any ideas, info or thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks! : )
In your title it says 03 S-Works. If its an 03, stay with your comp, the differences wont be that significant. If its an 04 S-Works, get it, it'll be lighter and have the adjustable brain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.