Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the differences between these two bikes? i used the "bike finder" on giant.com and it recommended the Roam. i stopped by my local bike shop and they had a Rincon and it looked just as nice and about the same...

i am looking for a wallet friendly family ride to pretty much tow a kid trailer on crushed gravel and paved paths...

·
KC Weekend Warrior
117 Posts
I have a 2009 Rincon and, although it's entry level, I am surprised how well it does on the trails, if the only thing you're going to do is tow the family and ride the gravel, I think either one is way too much bike - IMHO. What ever you buy, make sure you test ride it as much as possible and make sure YOU'RE happy with it. BTW - Rincon has lower end components over all, but the frame seems to be the same (note shallow travel on Roam fork - 63mm, compared to 100mm on the Rincon fork.)

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the.rebot said:
...if the only thing you're going to do is tow the family and ride the gravel, I think either one is way too much bike - IMHO.
well i wasnt sure where to look... i had an idea what i wanted..

disk brakes, hardtail, suspension fork, and comfortable to ride.

i dont really care to much for the "comfort" or "cruiser" bikes, the look weak to me. i like the tough look of a MTB.

these two bikes seemed nice and have a killer price, my local shop has the rincon for 350, the msrp of the roam is the same so i can only assume that they would be comparatively priced.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts