Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Missouri sucks...
2,300 Posts
A member named meltingfeather is the guy who put it together and he is constantly tweaking/adding info so if you must give credit, give it to him;) I'm just trying to help out by pointing you towards the guy that did all the work;p

·
Relentless forward motion
355 Posts
with a little more info...

we could actually make a few recommendations!

what's the rubber being mounted to?

PLZ don't say a 29'r rim... the rim makes a difference...

·
Relentless forward motion
355 Posts
j69nx said:
Can Bontrager wheelset be ok with Stan's or it has to be Bonty juice for tubeless set up? Of course i need the yellow tape and valves.
I have some RXLs, I use Stans. Works great for me.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Nater said:
I'd use the factory Bontrager TLR rimstrip that's appropriate for your wheels. I think it'll work better than the yellow tape.

After that, use any sealant you want.
You are correct, the asymmetrical spoke bed would make it really hard to seal the tires with only the tape in them. The strips compensate for that small shelf on the one side of the rim.

·
Registered
164 Posts
MessagefromTate said:
You are correct, the asymmetrical spoke bed would make it really hard to seal the tires with only the tape in them. The strips compensate for that small shelf on the one side of the rim.
Guess that is 70gms I am not ditching.....they have worked great with the Crossmarks so far. Should have done it long before I bought all those TLR tires :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.