Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There's been so many "what bike to get my GF" threads but alas here I am with a size question. Not that this need to be asked in the lounge, but your responses seem so helpful..

I'm going to a bike auction saturday to pick up a bike for my GF if there is a decent one available. She won't be able to attend, and can't make it to a shop to get sized beforehand. She is 5'6" tall, she wears pants with a 32" inseam. What frame measurements would you recommend, and as I will be armed with my trusty tape measure, directions on measuring would also be welcomed....

thanks.....

*goes back for another year of lurking*

·
L1MEY
1,487 Posts
If she definitely can't go along, you might want to get some more accurate measurements of you GF.

You can use the Wrench Science fit calculator to make a pretty good guess of what size frame your GF should be riding, and it will also tell you things like her optimum top tube length. Then you can take your tape measure along to the auction and do some calculating to try and find her a bike that has both a suitable top tube length and frame size.

Here's the link to the Wrench Science calculator:

http://www.wrenchscience.com/WS1/Secure/Fitting/Height.asp?aes=ht&dept=cmp&anms=false

Good luck! :)

- Jen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.