Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has to seem pretty funny for anyone from any other part of the country. Starting Friday the temps started going downhill. By Saturday the daytime high was 47 degrees out here in the desert. Sunday Morning I got up and it was 18 degrees. By 8 am it was up to 22. Cant get any worse than that. Wrong, yesterday morning it was 15 degrees. I went out on a three hour training ride that was 47 degrees in the wind and ended at 43 degrees. Somebody called me from Washington state and told me not to worry that there was two feet of snow on the ground up there and it was 9 degrees.:) I wished we had had a little snow with all the cold. It blew away this morning and its now a balmy 55 degrees. Anyone else complaining about the cold?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Jamaica MTB Festival

bombsquad said:
I had to put on a jacket and winter gloves.... my nose got sniffley, my ears were cold when listening to the ipod.... I wanna be in jamaica mon.
Why not fly down for the Jamaican FTF?? Starts from Feb8-11. Kyle Ebbett, pro rider from Scott bike will be there as well as one of the writers from Decline magazine.

It is going to be a roaring ggod time. late night out, rum flowing and wicked riding.

·
OMR - Old Man Riding
429 Posts
Speaking of the SART....

STJunkie said:
I had one of the best days ever on SART Sunday. It was a little cold but expected. The snow was perfect for riding. We had first tracks in it except for the critters.
How much snow was on the ground?? I'm up there next weekend.

Thanks,

OMR

·
BODYSNATCHER
287 Posts
Just fine, thank you...

Except for Saturday, when my RP3 got stuck down from the cold, I guess. After being on the truck for 30 minutes in the 31* air + wind chill, I suppose. That was a new one for SoCal!. So that ruined Saturdays ride. Sunday, it was butt a$$ cold, but noone on the trail. I saw a total of five hikers and one bike on Chumash/Marr Ranch/Rocky Peak. When I left at 7:30, it was 36*
and when I got home, it was 44!!
Yesterday was 34 when I rode at 6:00 am, today it was 40 at 6:00, so I broke out the balaclava and the warm stuff both days, and the cold didn't bother me at all. I actually like riding in the cold. Dunno why...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.