Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1661 - 1680 of 10550 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
44 mile rail to trail ride today. A Kamikaze Hornet or something got me in the upper chin at speed and 7 hours later my lip and jaw are still swollen.
I've been alternating one long rail trail ride on my Hybrid and one offroad ride on my MTB each week lately.
For weeks now we've been high 60s to mid 70s. Starting tomorrow, mid 80s. Our normal summer has returned!
Sure beats the 90s and 100s from the last 2 years.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Short ride today as I was trying a couple of my loops backwards while adding in some new trails to connect. I ended up at 15.4 miles, with nearly 1900 feet of climbing at a little over 9.5 mph.

Pretty steep riding today, but my trail buddy showed me some of his trails. We were smoking them, so much so that I was waiting for the pedal strike and crash. Knock wood, it never happened.

Great ride today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Went for a two hour local ride, lots of fun downhill, steep climbs, over grown areas of forest and lots of times not sure wether to go left or right haha. Lots of mud. some great drop offs and technical areas, often very slippy. Great ride, very enjoyable.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Took my dad, of 63, on his first true mountain bike ride this morning. He bought his first mountain bike yesterday, a lightly used 2015 fuel ex8 29". He had his first good fall on it during the ride. All in all though he had a good ride and is ready for more after he gets some knee, shin and elbow pads.

Reactions: SuperStang

·
9 lives
18,010 Posts
Who's grave is that? I know a trail in north cal that goes by Alfonso Boone's grave. He was the grandson of Daniel Boone.

This was at a tiny off road cemetery and memorial dedicated to early pioneers in the region. This grave was 186? The engraving was difficult to read. The memorial said the settlers arrived in 1834 and some died in the 1860's (probably due to flu epidemic).

In our local area there are about 25 of these historical cemeteries.

·
Registered
Two wheels, handle bars
1,797 Posts
Took my dad, of 63, on his first true mountain bike ride this morning. He bought his first mountain bike yesterday, a lightly used 2015 fuel ex8 29". He had his first good fall on it during the ride. All in all though he had a good ride and is ready for more after he gets some knee, shin and elbow pads.
Hey that's great! I'm trying to get my dad to quit smoking and be more active. He just needs convincing that he's not too old and he's only 50.

·
Registered
17,724 Posts
I'm trying to get my dad to quit smoking and be more active. He just needs convincing that he's not too old and he's only 50.
Have him check out some of the threads in the 50+ forum, I'm 54 and feel stronger than ever. Also I smoked cigs for 20+ years, quit @ 50. Keep on him!

·
Old Phart
98 Posts
Hey that's great! I'm trying to get my dad to quit smoking and be more active. He just needs convincing that he's not too old and he's only 50.
I gave up at 51, after 30-plus years.... My daughter and my daughter-in-law were both pregnant, and said that if I didn't give up, their kids would not be visiting my house...

Best thing I ever did - more wind, more $$ - can now afford a better bike, better camera, decent car... etc.

·
Registered
Two wheels, handle bars
1,797 Posts
Have him check out some of the threads in the 50+ forum, I'm 54 and feel stronger than ever. Also I smoked cigs for 20+ years, quit @ 50. Keep on him!
I might do that! He might believe it if it doesn't come from me. Lolol.

He does have a huge uphill battle with being overweight, not eating healthy food or even consistently, and smoking. He works on machines and most days after work just wants to smoke and listen to NPR or watch gifs of machines. I think I'll buy him a used mtb.
I gave up at 51, after 30-plus years.... My daughter and my daughter-in-law were both pregnant, and said that if I didn't give up, their kids would not be visiting my house...

Best thing I ever did - more wind, more $$ - can now afford a better bike, better camera, decent car... etc.
I ain't gonna go and get nobody pregnant to convince him.

·
GONE
27,128 Posts
I climbed a mountain yesterday on my green goat. The same one I usually climb since it's right outside my window. Got some pics of the local big fire while I was up there and watched the phos-chek dumpers fly back and forth between the fire and the airport where they were reloading.

Attachments

1661 - 1680 of 10550 Posts