Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner
1 - 20 of 10527 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Trek Stache
1,517 Posts
That's the largest mushroom I have ever seen!

As for riding every day, I try to although I only get to ride trails once a week. I exercise my dog almost every day with the bike, with the only exceptions being if we are going trail riding the next day as it is usually a longer ride and I don't want to over do him, or because of weather.

·
Give'er!
558 Posts
17km today. Getting back into shape again in a new locale, with new trails for me to explore! Apparently barely riding for a month has had a negative effect on my fitness levels...shocker! :thumbsup:

·
since 4/10/2009
34,600 Posts
Got out for about 15mi today at a local park. I had wanted to head a bit farther afield and do some backcountry riding today, but the wife got sick and I needed to combine my ride with some errands (picking up some prescriptions, cat food, etc), as well as be relatively nearby in case she needed something else. Trying to help her mend up quickly because we're headed to Pisgah next weekend. I'm trying to fight off some kind of nasty bug, myself. I mostly feel good (especially after my doc hooked me up with some antibiotics a few days ago), but will probably have that lingering dry cough that tends to last for a couple of months.

Weather was absolutely perfect. Partly sunny. Light breeze. Temps in the 60's. Actually starting to feel like maybe autumn is thinking about paying a visit. That's mucho welcome because it was in the 90's less than a week ago.

·
Registered
509 Posts
We had a family ride today. Took the girls, 8 and 6 years old thru the woods so it was slow going but that's ok. I can go my pace any other time. It's great to see the progress they have made riding and how much they like riding with their mom and I. 6.2 miles in 1 hour 45 minutes but was worth every minute.

·
Self Appointed Judge&Jury
45,071 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Went out to try flats...went home and took off flats.
That's funny because I'm trying flats out now too. After over thirty years of toe clips and straps the clip less since the first came out. Interesting. Seems to be easier on my back which has been bothering me for a while. I think I've ridden every day for two weeks now. I ridden a lot this season because the snow left the valley early so I've been riding four to six days a week since then. Sometimes twice a day. And never in the bike park.

·
No known cure
5,745 Posts
I don't ride on the weekends. There's just too much traffic, and I usually bring the dog. I'll ride tomorrow and not see anyone.

The weather was absolutely perfect today, so we took the Jeep out and had a picnic off 3N16 in north Big Bear.

·
Sneaker man
3,664 Posts
Yep, only a short road ride with an old riding buddie (for the first time ever I'm fitter than him)...
Not working att he moment and trying to regain some fitness (progressing, but a long way to go) and I'd ike to get out every day, but if I smash myself on a 3 hour road ride, or liek the other day 2 hard hours of mtb (hard for me, not anyone else), not doing much of anything the next day.
But spring has well and truly hit my neck of the woods, I may have to get out for a quick mtb ride this afternoon.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Had the best worst ride today. Recently got our middle kid a nice bike that he loves, scored a Mongoose Etero Elite for cheap with several upgrades. We rode a few more advanced trails, and he had a blast. I ended up dropping my chain in to my cassette and it got caught in between two rings. It's an old cassette and needs to be replaced anyway, but ended up riding about 10 more miles after that with a 2x6 geared bike. Also got a sidewall tear going through a rock garden, which was a blast too. Got to show the boys how to do some trail side repair which was good too. Today I get to go shopping for a new cassette and replace my tires for the season a bit early. Think about going with a less aggressive tread style.

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
If you mean Sunday, yes I rode. With my wife. She crashed and had a flap of skin hanging off her knee. Being near a road I cycled back to the parking lot, got the car, and picked her up. She rewarded me later for being gallant. The reward was better than the ride.

1 - 20 of 10527 Posts